Varget or N140

tjwaines

Recently changed my 7mm08 for a .308, always used Varget in the 7mm but also reload for my .22-250 using N140. Got a wee bit of both powders left so I'm ready for a stock up. Should I reload for both using N140 or is Varget going to be better suited to the .308?

Im thinking use just N140 for both but is there any particular advantage to using Varget in the .308?

Tom

Recently changed my 7mm08 for a .308, always used Varget in the 7mm but also reload for my .22-250 using N140. Got a wee bit of both powders left so I'm ready for a stock up. Should I reload for both using N140 or is Varget going to be better suited to the .308?

Im thinking use just N140 for both but is there any particular advantage to using Varget in the .308?

Tom
I have changed to TR140, almost identical in use to N140 and cheaper at £55 Kg

N140 is cheaper and is a very good powder. Use it in my .308 and .223 with reliable consistency.
If you get 3.5kg tubs it'll beat the TR140 prices.

Just been and got a tub of N140 - £72 for 1kg, is that a good bad or indifferent price? Got it from my local gunclub so I don't care too much about cost as its supporting them, just interested to know? Club chairman also gave me £10 towards Movenber, so that was a bonus!

Tom

Just been and got a tub of N140 - £72 for 1kg, is that a good bad or indifferent price? Got it from my local gunclub so I don't care too much about cost as its supporting them, just interested to know? Club chairman also gave me £10 towards Movenber, so that was a bonus!

Tom

A little high but probably about ave for retail. Last tub of N160 I got was £65 couple of weeks back but from a guy who moves alot of product.

If they don't move volume they'll get hit with high Hazmat transport charges so £75 prob about right for a low volume outfit.

That's expensive, Barbican in Durham sell N140 for £60/Kg and as has been said TR140 is almost identical and is £55/Kg, works very well in my .308s :)

My local dealer got 1kg tubs of n140 for £84 :eek:,if thatt tr140 is that Swiss made stuff I can get for £46 per kg,I've got some n540 on order,a 3.5kg tub I am getting for £170,works out about £48 a kg

Have reloaded for .308 with both Varget and N140 successfully and with broadly similar results. Might be easiest for you to just go with N140 for everything if you're using it for other things anyway?

That's expensive, Barbican in Durham sell N140 for £60/Kg and as has been said TR140 is almost identical and is £55/Kg, works very well in my .308s :)

Yep. But remember Steve at Barbican decants from bulk into your own container for that price do its not a sealed container.

Use N140 in my 243 and must say its bang on touching at 100m so can't complaint. I was a little gutted as I found the perfect load after about 10 tries :(

Yep. But remember Steve at Barbican decants from bulk into your own container for that price do its not a sealed container.

Indeed he does, which is why I stocked up on TR140 when I had the chance :)

Swarovski, Where can you get TR140 at £46/Kg?? I'd take 10Kg if I could get it at that price :)

much better than n140 is tr140 which is basically the same stuff in different packaging but £20 less at £55/kilo or in simple terms £25 a pound!

Back