Phantams

jubnut

Has anyone ever successfully reared a clutch of phantams? If so was it pheasant cock to bantam hen or bantam cock to pheasant hen? I would love to try and rear some for a curiosity.

Has anyone ever successfully reared a clutch of phantams? If so was it pheasant cock to bantam hen or bantam cock to pheasant hen? I would love to try and rear some for a curiosity.

I've had them "appear", but never by design!

I remember my mate shooting one on cumbrae one day, it was a cracking high bird.

Yeah I have known them to "appear" too but I don't know anyone who has purposefully bred them. From what I can gather the chicks aren't that hardy.

Have bred a few phantams about 15 years ago. I had some red jungle fowl around the yard and the cockerels took a fancy to my stockbird pen. The birds were fowl-like and made for the nearest tree on a drive. A couple eventualy shot and a couple pegged in the end........

the best way to do it is a gamecock bantam on a hen pheasant then hatch the eggs under a banty hen , its not easy , they have a poor hatching rate and dont rear well . Youll need alot of eggs and broodies to get anywhere

the best way to do it is a gamecock bantam on a hen pheasant then hatch the eggs under a banty hen , its not easy , they have a poor hatching rate and dont rear well . Youll need alot of eggs and broodies to get anywhere

So if I had 8 hen pheasants in with a Bantam cock in a laying pen and then reared any eggs under broodies?

Back