Thread: Anyone seen this before?

Anyone seen this before?

Just cleaning a head off today and spotted these. Common?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Not uncommon apparently, I had a good buck with a single canine this summer although it's the first one I've personally seen. It'll be going for measuring soon.

I have not seen it that pronounced but have seen small canines.

They are very large Tony,normally they are a fraction of that size but i would still say they are uncommon.

fairly common so im imformed but useally not as big there abit like we have no need for them but evolution has not quite got rid of them yet !

Out of interest what breed of deer was it?

There was another thread on here about this a year or 2 back, I think I reckoned at the time about 1 in 100 deer I have shot had canines, I always check having had a German client get very excited when he shot a roe with them (20 odd years ago) I've only seen them in roe myself but I gather all species can carry them. I have never seen them as pronounced as those either.

these are on a sika stag
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I've never seen them on sika but have only shot a couple of dozen of that species in my time. To correct my original post - looking at my book I did shoot a red hind off the hill on Mull with a top canine once.