Thread: Disinfectants / Sanitisers / cleaners

Disinfectants / Sanitisers / cleaners

Hi guys

Is there a acceptable good all round product for cleaning and disinfecting larder floors, equipment including knifes available on the market

That will comply to food regs and do the job properly and be an all in one product

This what they use in the resturants:

You know that sanitisers, disinfectants and cleaners are all different things right?? Sumbac do all three D1, D10 and D12 I think you will find all on that website. You will not find a product that does all in one as I say the three are essentailly different things. D1 - Detergent (think fairy liquid) D10 - a sanitiser food safe and D12 is a degreaser if I remeber correctly as it has been a few years since I was running a resturant kitchen.

I use Trigene Advance. It seems fairly expensive at first but diluted to spec goes a very long way.

Cheers Guys all the info greatly appreciated

Thanks CSL. Will source Trigen advance and give that a go, have checked the SDS on the product looks just about right.

The Trigene has changed its name recently. We use it at work, but it is NOT foodsafe so surfaces must be rinsed thoroughly afterwards. Don't make it up too strong as it can irritate the lungs.

Worth asking your vet for it as it was on a launch offer.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Hi Apache,

I must admit, I hadn't realised Trigene was not food safe. Is that for all types because there is an animal health grade too isn't there? (probably no different chemically though I guess?).

I use it for cleaning my large walk-in vivarium as well and in terms of lung irritation I find it to be pretty innocuous to be honest... certainly nothing like Ark-Klens which I find really catches you in the back of the throat.