Buck caught in netting

Dorset

Had a callout to a buck caught in some electric netting this morning, he'd got caught up then gone for a swim in the pond the fence was around. Cut him out and he went away fine, he was very tangled up and wet:

image.jpg

Reminds me of something our reindeer did the other day; he stuck his antlers through a metal gate to have a go at the wild boar in the pen next to him, got his antlers stuck and then the wild boar had a great time chewing the ends off his antlers which I found a lot funnier than he did!

Well done Ben, presumably he didn't put up too much of a fight by the time you got to him?

He was unlucky I guess... not long now and his antlers might have come off!

Cheers chaps yes he was a bit tired but not too bad and certainly went away right as rain. He wasn't there at 5.30 the night before as I left the wood from stalking but was at 8 the next morning. He was very lucky as 2 weeks ago he was also in the cull plan but never got caught up with!

Nice one Ben.

What got fed up of shooting them, finding it too easy now so you thought you would have a go at netting them. :rofl:

Only surprised that you haven't tried electro fishing them yet, or was that what you were actually doing. :-|:oops:

Only surprised that you haven't tried electro fishing them yet, or was that what you were actually doing. :-|:oops:

I have electrofished nearly every species of fish found in the UK also voles, mink, coots, cormorants and terrrapins but never a deer, how dare you. :eek:

Back