Thread: Stalking on the Marches

Stalking on the Marches

Can anybody point me in the direction of any stalking opportunities along the Welsh Marches please? Powys, Gwent, Hereford, Shropshire, Gloucestershire. Permits, leases and syndicates all considered. Thanks chaps.

Hi Iwrch

Don't know of any at the moment.
    They are as rare as rocking horse **** around here.

all the best

Makes you sick doesn't it! Deer everywhere and smug buggers boasting how many they take every year. Then you politely enquire whether there might be an opportunity for just a couple of outings and they all clam up and look at you as though you had asked them to sell their mothers. I reckon you must have been there too, eh Jonathon? If I get a sniff of anything I'll drop you a pm. OK? So long as you promise not to tell another soul . . .

In Herefordshire, try Ed' Whittaker on 01544 340371 - he's got a small stalking syndicate / club and some good beasts on his ground in the Mortimer Forest and around Presteigne (Roe and Fallow). A mate stalks with him and rates him highly, having taken a potential gold medal roebuck with him a couple of weeks ago.

There's also Tim Lander locally in Stoke Prior nr Leominster - another mate uses him and rates him, plus Tim has access to all of the Duchy of Cornwall stalking in this area. He's usually contactable through but the site seems to be down tonight.