Been thinking about a hornet

Drag1

I've been toying with the notion of getting a Hornet not got much use for my rimmy any more, have had a .223 just fancied trying somat else for knocking about plinking and vermin
i do my own reloading wondered what they're like have heard some good things about them
Any thoughts lads ???

Well I love mine, and find it easy to load for, mainly because of the help received on this forum.

Neil. :)

PS: No comment on .17", .19" or .20" as they are not real Hornets :p

yes i would like 22 hornet for vermin& fox people say go for 223 or 22 250 it is a perfect fox round but under prestent guildelines can leave you light on your ticket the plus side for me is ou can cast bullets

I know 3 guys & a 4th away to change .17hmr to .22 hornet purely because of the wind drift on the .17
They say it is a belter of a round when no wind but even a breeze up here moves it
tithe guys have found a belter of a load that that can throw together real quick & cheap and its hole on hole out at 200 yds

they use it for bunnies & Charlie & swear by the .22 hornet.... One quoted as saying he had one 20 yrs ago and wondered why the hell he ditched it!
Paul

if I didnt have a WMR I would have probably plumped for a hornet

Went for a .222 to fill the gap a bit better

have it loaded with a nice 55gr Vmax load, not too quick, very quiet and drops the foxes like a lightning bolt

A Hornet is great fun and even better you get 50 rounds per box. The were huge over here until we were allowed 222, 223's. I used hornady bst to great effect on foxes out to 200m.
I also wish that I ever let mine go.

Glendine.

Let me start by saying that personally I like the 222 REM and 220 Swift the best out of ALL the 22 canterfires . With the Hornet coming in tied for third with the 22-250 .

Now with that being said I have an ever so slightly growing intrest in this new 17 Hornet thing Hornady just legitimized . At first i thought it "rubbish" as you blokes would say . But after looking around a bit and seeing CZ will soon bring it out in their 527 rifle it kinda intrests me in a novelty kinda way .

I had a 17 HMR and while it shot wonderfully at 100 yards I couldn't do much but buy ammo and shoot the darn thing , atleast with this 17 Hornet I can load my own . To me loading my own is over half the fun and or intrest .

Thanks guys i knew i'd get some opinions on here been talking to a gamekeeper mate of mine did'nt know he was a .22 Hornet fan says he don't know why he got rid think i'm gonna give one a try

Drag

The Hornet is very much under rated over here, I lived in Germany for 15 years and everyone had one, a perfect fox and small game cartridge, definitely on my wish list!
ATB
Steve

Back