Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: scope price.

scope price.

hi all you wise ones are the cheaper priced center fire scopes any good ?

Aye, the Burris fulfield is not a bad scope at all and around 200. There are a lot of articles floating around the world wide web regarding optics and the general concensus as far as I can see is that there is a huge difference between a 40 scope and a 200 scope, but between a 200 scope and a 1000 scope there isn't as much of an advantage that require the difference in the price tag.

Bushell scopes are also all ok and they are not to bad - a lot of fakes on fleabay though.

Old Nikko Stirling
    solid construction very good optics
    Bushnell are OK too
    Leupold a bit more pricer but you can get some mint VX1 and VX2 low variable (3-9x40/50) for under 200 if you are patient

if you are buying cheap stick to fixed mag
    asking for trouble buying complex AND cheap

Now sit back and watch the scope-bling junkies start howling about just how fabulous their 1000+ glittery toys are.

It ocurred to me that the difference between a scope snob and a fashionista in a shoe store was...precisely nothing. 'Oh my, this Swarovski/these Manolo Blahniks are *simply* ravishing...' 'I wouldn't be seen *dead* without my Zeiss/Stuart Weitzmans, darling'... 'oh well, you*could* use Leupold/John Lewis, but I find the build quality just *so* different...'

Very funny, and oh so true !!!

never the less I wouldn't be without my Zeiss

Bang on and there are some cheap items out there but i shoot a sauer because i wanted it for posing it has culled alot but no more than my cheap Tikka. I have a swaro scope vari and it is bright and has help cull a lot but no more than my cheap meopta. Would i swap them back NO CHANCE LOL.

I have had Simmons White tail classic very good for the money. I now have 2 bushnells one each on my 243 and my 30-06 both have functioned admirably over the 3-4 years I have had them. They have seen service from Scotland to Africa never a problem both hold zero and even when Scotland,s weather was doing its worst they still performed. I have on my 270 a Barska 3-9 x 50 this is my second Barska and for less than 100 it too has come through a very wet and tough 3 days in Scotlands worst without any issues. i personally think that unless you are a proffesional stalker it isnt worth spending thousands on scopes save the cash for your stalking. You could do worst than look at the Barska range.

my mate uses redfield scopes they seem quite good for the money

tusker 3 days in scotland they need to do a thousand to uit us we live here