Thread: Rifle range Leeds area

Rifle range Leeds area

Hi does anyone know any ranges around east side of Leeds . Ranges with at least 100m full bore not bothered about short indoor stuff. Thanks

Don`t Know a great deal about them but try these

Paul Lane Rifle Club Nr Mirfield 01924-492458

Leeds Service Rifle Club

Stead Hall firearms at Ikley has 2 x 100yrd ranges .. 10 for non members to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Peskyfoxs View Post
    Stead Hall firearms at Ikley has 2 x 100yrd ranges .. 10 for non members to shoot
    Have shot at Stead Hall - great venue & very nice friendly staff

Paul Lane is a tidy little range. Used to shoot there a lot.

Cheers guys Ilkley sounds good a bit of treck but is only one so be it.ive tried Paul lane apparently have a additional range in middle of industrial estate near Leeds but they never answer phone.

I shoot at Paul Lane and am not aware of an additional range in an industrial estate, but it is a little out of the way if you dont know where it is. It only opens evenings and Friday afternoon and Weekends, call around 7.30 08.00. PM me if you want more details

Last edited by Andrew; 15-11-2012 at 12:25.

Stead hall is friendly, open mon-wed-fri 5.30 -9.00 and sun 10-2 I think, friendly bunch and if quiet you can stay on as long as you want

Roebuck I'm out east leeds and basically there isn't any. Paul lane is ok, I used to be a member but only 100yds. Good shop on-site and has a bar if your not driving. The industrial site one you mentioned is Leeds rifles I think. Tried as you to contact them a few years ago and gave up in the end. It's where the poplar trees are behind the **** works if I remember rightly.
    Best bet is if you have an open ticket then just get yourself a local piece of land and use that. I now have up to a 400yd range within 25 mile, probably about the same as going to Paul lane..... oh and I have free deerstalking as well on it

There used to be one in Sowerby Bridge in the old railway tunnel next to the station,what would of been the old Sowerby Bridge to Ripponden rail line, it was always bitterly cold there though. Don't know if its still in operation,have walked through it a few times when we were kids, then it got blocked up at both ends you could certainly shoot well beyond 600yds in there...