Thread: Looking to View some Retriever Trials

Looking to View some Retriever Trials

Apologies, I know this is deer dogs rather than retrievers, but I am hoping to watch a trial or two in the late spring. Any suggestions?

My daughter is studying at Oxford, and we will be coming over on Holiday in late may and probably staying for a month. I train and trail Labradors here in the states, and am hoping to maybe find a trial or two to watch.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Try contacting the kennel club uk they may be able to provide you with a list.. I pick up with a few triallers I can ask them on Saturday I will pass on any info....
    Kind regards, Jez

trialing finishes withthe end of the shooting season,jan 31st,there will be working tests but not the same really

Thanks for that clarification. In the states we can run tests all year long, and trials with pen-raised birds from Sept through March. Our tests use use freshly killed birds, and sometimes live (shackled) flyers. Still, I would love to see some tests. Brit Labs have a legendary status over here for there steadiness.

anybody on here with a dvd or video of the retriever championship you can lend the man?