Ret change

quiteman

I have a Ziess 6x24x56 FL with ret 60 with a red dot in the middle at long range it will blank out a rabbit at 250-300 yards with the dot complete.
Question is would it be better to have ret 43 which is a mil-dot, and has anyone used one or has one close to Weston s mare that I could look through to see what it’s like with a 43 ret mil-dot.
Chris.

Last edited:
hi chris i was in the same boat mate i was looking for the ziess 6x24x56 with 60 ret but couldnt find one secondhand. i then got offered the 43 mildot ret secondhand.

but wasnt sure. i asked a friend of mine who does alot of long range shooting and he has 3 of them on his rifles. he has shot rabbits crows etc at some very long ranges. and said the 43 ret is perfect.

i went on his advice and got the 43 ret and coulldnt be more happy with it. not to long back i went out with a different friend of mine. he has the fl 6x24x56 but with the 60 ret. and after using mine im glad i picked the 43 ret the mildots are perfect size and as you say the 60 was covering the targets we where looking at.

same your a good 1h 20 mins. from me otherwise you could have popped up to worcester and looked through mine.

Last edited:
I have a Hako scope which is mil dot but has a cental mil dot which is all that illuminates and it is excellent, curently on my .22lr but would be excellent if it was on my .223.

D

I also have the zeiss 6-24x56 with the 43 mildot and its excellent for long range rabbits.
Contact zeiss uk for a quote on a reticle change.
I got mine changed 2 years ago and it cost 150 euro but that was for the non illluminated version.

Ziess said it would cost £180 to change ret which is better than getting rid off and buying new as not making anymore 6x24x56 so having one change but might have two changed.

Back