So dangerous it should be illegal.

jimbo123p

Yesterday I was a guest of David1976 at his pheasant shoot. The shoot captains brother had dies and he was disposing of some cartridge belts. One was left and as I was shooting 20 bore he gave it to me. The belt is the strangest I have ever seen. It is a normal 12 bore belt except that it has a zip along the top. This zip puts on a second tier of cartridge loops then the belt has two strips of cartridges. Only thing is this second row is twenty bore. Why would a cartridge belt have 12 and 20 bore on the same belt? The danger is plain to see. Any answers? Jim

More pointless I would say. If you're shooting 20-bore, you wouldn't want to carry the extra weight of a belt full of 12s as well and even if the ring of 12s was empty would you want the bulk of a 'double-decker' belt?
However, surely the shooter has ultimately got to be responsible to only carry the cartridges suitable for the firearm he is using at the time?

As is often the case when someone dies, I suspect things have got mixed up and somewhere there is a very similar belt but the other way around?

Back