Magnum moderators

N.F.W.M

I am currently in the market for a new moderator for a .300 R.U.M.

What moderator are members using on magnum calibers ?

How do you rate your magnum moderator for sound reduction, weight, looks, balance ?

Cheers

Ed

N.F.W.M

NFWM

I've used an ASE Northstar on my 7mm Rem Mag. The rifle is a Sako 85 with a 26 inch barrel. Noise and recoil reduction were very good. However, the weight of the mod on the end of a longish barrel made it very unbalanced. I no longer use the mod and have a muzzle break instead.

When funds allow I will probably get a Third Eye mod for it.

If the rifle you're going to use it on is heavy or has a short barrel (unlikely on a 300 RUM) a heavier mod might not upset the balance too much. If you're mainly going to shoot it prone or from a high seat you might not care about balance. However, if the rifle is on the lighter side, with a long barrel and to be used off sticks you might find a lighter mod makes it easier to handle.

Cheers,

Bob

i use a standard t8 on my 7mm rem mag it was purchased for my 243 and on my 7mm it produces less noise than on the 243 :eek:magnum silencers on magnum guns load of bull

i use a standard t8 on my 7mm rem mag it was purchased for my 243 and on my 7mm it produces less noise than on the 243 :eek:magnum silencers on magnum guns load of bull

Hmmm may have to disagree with you there.... .243 42g of powder.... .300 Ultra Mag 100+g of powder.... Think I will opt for a magnum moderator !

Back