A brave guy, I think I would have shot it

Shooting would have been the easy option, but would it have been the right one I wonder !

The guys got balls thats for sure.

Rgds, Buck.

I think I would have done the same think, I worked in a deer park for a time with Red stags and have cut a few out of fences, but a wild one you would have to think long and hard

I would have been looking for a longer handled set of bolt cutters before considering trying to cut it free.

A good demonstration of the fine line between bravery and stupidity though!

For a wild animal it appeared very calm as if it knew he was there to help it. It could have gone all wrong in an instant though.
Wingy

Extremely brave to stand in front of a a Bull Moose and do that, you either have balls of steel or extremely good faith in the Animal. I think I would of tried to of cut it out if it was me in that situation, but I would of been a lot more keen with some longer handled Bolt cutters! :)

There's a condition called Capture Myopothy, it's where the deer get so worked up and stressed that they over heat and kick the bucket. Could well be the case that it ran off and died somewhere else, or they could have been lucky. I think the ranger did alright there. Sometimes i think even the wildest beasts know when they need help and who's going to give it to them.

i bet his pants had more skids than brandshatch .all the comments so far show the people on here in a good light , that we are not just blood thirsty killer as the antis would make us out to be , well done all

Back