New to this forum

Spix

Hello to all,

Thought I would drop by here before trawling the sales sites.

Looking for a .22 Annie, CZ, HW or WHY., bolt action with mag only, preferably with mod (have slot) and scope, old school or new, demonstrably accurate, whisper quiet, and light. Paperwork a bonus, f2f only, reasonable distance. Thanks.

You are supposed to "drop by here" first as per the site rules and introduce yourself. So far you have told us what you want but nothing about you, read the other introdctions to get an idea of what is needed, then please do a proper introduction.

John

Thanks, John, good point. It would be nice to have more time for social media.

My name's Steve, in the shooting world I work as a contract pest controller shooting vermin on mainly commercial land (foxes, rabbits, corvids, pigeons).

Like many I learnt to shoot with a traditional springer and was trained to shoot with a .22 rimfire in the army cadets at school, decades ago. Have kept it up ever since. Those who know me know I have a fancy for pea-shooters including FAC air and 20 bores. I count myself fortunate that I have enough land (industrial, agricultural and domestic) to shoot somewhere different most days ; one of my favourites is a postage stamp sized smallholding. Certainly I prefer to be outdoors, dawn and dusk when the countryside is alive with wildlife cannot be beaten.

Taking the safe and humane shot when success is a certainty, or just leaving it when it isn't, that's the buzz for me.

So how often do you check your zero ? At the moment I could use a shooting buddy to share the range at Mildenhall for a couple of hours one morning every other month, drop me a line if that's you.

Thanks.

Back