Thread: Double Rifle in .375 H&H Mag.

Double Rifle in .375 H&H Mag.

Looking for a good quality double in .375. Anybody got one or know of one for sale,
    would prefer side by side.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffolk stalker View Post
    Looking for a good quality double in .375. Anybody got one or know of one for sale,
    would prefer side by side.
    Thanks in advance.
    I think there are a couple in the up coming Holts Auction.

In fact just looked - one on their home page - there are also three Holland and Hollands at the 10 to 15k guide price point plus a nice Italian over and under at c3 to 4k.

Full Details for Lot 1252

Sale A1068 Lot 1252

25in. blued nitro barrels with raised sight rib with bright steel finish, finely engraved open sights with folding leaf sight, and ramp-mounted bead fore-sight with flip-up moonsight, the breech end mounted with a Zeiss Diavari-C 3-9x36 T* telescopic sight in exquisitely engraved bright steel finish quickly-detachable mounts, the rib signed by the maker, the breech end with floral and scroll flourishes, treble-grip action with hidden third bite, side-bolsters, finely carved serpentine fences, removable striker discs, elongated top strap, automatic safety, gold-inlaid cocking-indicators, articulated front trigger, the action, lockplates and furniture exquisitely engraved with tight acanthus scrollwork and floral bouquets and with fine gold highlighting, the fore-end decorated en suite, the left lockplate signed 'W. GLANZNIG' in a scrolling banner, the triggerplate signed 'J. Deflorian', 14 1/2in. highly-figured pistolgrip stock with fluted grip, cheekpiece, finely engraved steel pistolgrip-cap and sling swivels, including 1/2in. rubber recoil pad, fore-end with Deeley & Edge patent release catch, weight 10lb. 2oz., in its brass-cornered oak and leather case, with 'passport' signed by the maker

Provenance: For the maker's provenance please see Lot 1250.
    Estimate 40,000-50,000

Try Weller and Dufty in Birmingham, I got mine there, it took six months.
    Kind Regards

I would also try Giles Marriott. I can't see any for sale on his website but he knows his express rifles and I'm sure he will know where to find one.

Tred carefully when looking to buy something like this via an auction house the pictures look pretty and I'm sure there are a few gems and everything can be repaired at a cost but remember where do you think the trade get rid of there liabilities?

I'm in agreement with JasonH, spend time looking, I saw lots but bid one.
    Kind Regards