Talk about digging a hole

His wrote: 'Beautiful antlered stag in the garden, grazing on shrubs border. Oohs of admiration from family. I just wished I still had my 12 bore handy.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tted-beautiful-stag-garden.html#ixzz2CgRGCqnf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The League Against Cruel Sports warned that the MP's attitude was evidence that the Conservative Party wanted to overturn the ban on hunting with dogs.

12 bore? Strange name for a dog.......

He obviously hasn't got a clue about the law, but then again I suspect that the same could be said about most non-shooters in the UK.

FFS, he carelessly said "he wished" he'd had his 12bore when a stag was eating his prize delphiniums, or some such thing....

If he'd carelessly said "he wished" Angelina Jolie would make him her sex toy would you have done anything other than smile?

As for it being "proof" that the Tories want to overturn the ban on hunting with dogs... PMSL... Yeah!... sure... of course it does.

it would have been even more sad if he had exlaimed. "oh, I just wish I had my 6.5 Hornday Creedmore with 120g SST's behind 38g varget with me!"

Dont suppose it matters what he said. He is an MP, they all talk crap. We dont normally listen to what they say....or at least i dont !!

You'd think someone in the public eye would be bit more media savvy really, wouldn't you? To make an off-the-cuff remark is one thing (albeit ill-advised to do it on Twitter!), but to then go on and compound the error with nonsense about rimfires, a friend shooting a deer with a shotgun, shooting at a feral cat with an air rifle etc. well it's ignorant really isn't it.

Sadly the media will always interpret ignorance as real intent to do the wrong thing but there we go.

You might think, mightn't you, that the reigning parliamentary archery champion would possibly be the one single best placed person in the entire nation to know a little bit about the law as it relates to archery for hunting in Britain. It's good thing this complete and utter pharking buffoon has no part in running the country, isn't it?

What? He does?? You're kidding. Really!?

The most absurd quote is the following:

'Labour's Kerry McCarthy told the Daily Mirror that yet another Tory had shown a desire to kill animals'.

Are we to believe that wildlife control, abattoir workers, veterinarians putting animals to sleep etc is only practiced by those on the right-wing?

I always get a laugh reading the readers comments. my favourite was a guy 'ben' or something wrote "why would you want to kill any animal - vile man".

:rofl:

Maybe not the most sensible of remarks, and maybe he should have kept up to date with the law, but to be honest if you read the whole article he does say he has not shot anything for forty years, forty years ago it was still legal to shoot deer with both shotgun and .22LR and a lot were.

I am getting back into shooting it is not easy to understand the law and the guildance plus the wildlife act
lister

I am getting back into shooting it is not easy to understand the law and the guildance plus the wildlife act
lister

Totally agree. Until I did my DSC1 in 2009 then took up stalking, I had no idea of seasons for deer or the legal calibre of rifle for shooting deer in the UK despite having been a shotgun shooter for many years.

dont these ar$eholes have google!?
all he has to do is look it up before he opens his mouth...

Or he could do something that most grown would do and ignore more idiots rising to the bait

dont these ar$eholes have google!?
all he has to do is look it up before he opens his mouth...

Or he could do something that most grown would do and ignore more idiots rising to the bait

C'mon, do you check with Google every time, before you open your mouth? Just look at the salient points - Conservative MP, mention of guns, wildlife, then add Daily Mail and it's a great recipe for a horror story. TBH I'd never heard of the bloke but now he's got some public exposure and you know what they say about publicity.....

C'mon, do you check with Google every time, before you open your mouth? .

if someone calls me on my latest statement and it sounds like I may be wrong....then yes!
and I am not in public office...YET!

these idiots should be assigned kids to make sure they dont ever get near a twitter account

PM's - bringing shame to the game yet again !!

A bunch of lofty fools; out of touch out of their depth - but some how 'in-control of our futures' !!
Heavens to betsey where did it all go wrong !

It's twitter for gods sake!

It is what it says a "tweet" , a small remark, of the cuff.

unfortunately our gutter press, will jump on any small remark. It's sad, but those in the public eye have to be far more media savvy and stay well away from twitter!

Back