South Ayrshire Stalking - Any good?

Tartan_Terrier

I've been thinking about doing some stalking next time I'm in Scotland, and these guys aren't too far from where I'll be based. I was expecting to find a mention of them on this site, but a search didn't find anything....

http://www.ayrstalk.co.uk/index.asp

Has anyone here dealt with them before? How did it go? Are they a good bet, or would I be better off somewhere else? If so, I'd be much obliged for any pointers as to where in the area is worthwhile.

Cheers
T_T

I must admit if it were me i would go with the recommendations of site members. Why would you try something that might not do the job.

I must admit if it were me i would go with the recommendations of site members. Why would you try something that might not do the job.

Exactly, that's one of the big advantages of this site, lots of knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful members! I think I will be going with Solway Stalker.

Cheers
T_T

T&T,
just came across your post re south Ayrshire stalking. I can't comment on solwaystalker aside from knowing that Colin seems to have a well deserved reputation, but I do know south Ayrshire stalking very well indeed.
Me and my brother stalk with them every month and have been for years now, it's run by Chris and Anne out near girvan, these guys are excellent people and you'll be we'll looked after .facilities are second to none, accomodation is cracking, lardering facilities great and an excellent range on site too. The breakfasts are worth working up an appetite for as well!
stalking wise, Chris has lots of v good ground reds and roe, plety of well maintained high seats/boxes and is very knowledgable about all aspects of the stalking game, we've learned loads from stalking up there with him and have had our fair share of venison too.
Theres a big group of friendly regulars that keep coming back and plenty of other stalkers from all backgrounds, first timers, Europeans, you name it so its always a good crack round the breakfast table trading war stories.
I can't recommend this outfit highly enough, they don't do much if any promotion on the stalking forums as word of mouth seems to be doing it for them, happy to discuss if you wanna chat just drop me a pm.
Steve

I know Chris Dalton from South Ayrshire stalking had a few trips with him a few years back he is a bloody nice bloke with plenty of ground. Not sure if its still the case but it used to be what you shot you got to keep for your freezer. ( not many do that)

Completed my DSC Level 1 with Chris Dalton earlier in the year. Can not fault the experience and as previously mentioned one of the best breakfasts going!

Did my level 1 and 2 with Chris, you won't be disappointed if you do book to go with him.
As stated the breakfast is second to none and the accommodation, I would be happy to take the wife to stay there and she is very critical.
He also has an estate rifle if you need to use it.

T&T,
just came across your post re south Ayrshire stalking. I can't comment on solwaystalker aside from knowing that Colin seems to have a well deserved reputation, but I do know south Ayrshire stalking very well indeed.
Me and my brother stalk with them every month and have been for years now, it's run by Chris and Anne out near girvan, these guys are excellent people and you'll be we'll looked after .facilities are second to none, accomodation is cracking, lardering facilities great and an excellent range on site too. The breakfasts are worth working up an appetite for as well!
stalking wise, Chris has lots of v good ground reds and roe, plety of well maintained high seats/boxes and is very knowledgable about all aspects of the stalking game, we've learned loads from stalking up there with him and have had our fair share of venison too.
Theres a big group of friendly regulars that keep coming back and plenty of other stalkers from all backgrounds, first timers, Europeans, you name it so its always a good crack round the breakfast table trading war stories.
I can't recommend this outfit highly enough, they don't do much if any promotion on the stalking forums as word of mouth seems to be doing it for them, happy to discuss if you wanna chat just drop me a pm.
Steve

A big +1 on that. Chris and Anne run a tremendous set up for anybody visiting to stalk or doing level 1 or 2. Excellent hosts and Chris is an easy to get along with, knowledgeable, no bulls**t stalker. Don't rule him out just because he does not advertsie on SD. He does not have to.

Back