Thread: Deermanagement Intro

Deermanagement Intro

Hi All,

I've cut and pasted my profile basically........Stalked for 30 years, 20 of them as a licencee manageing around 15,000 acres of roe, fallow sika & muntjac. Work as a team with my wife, who also does most of the hunting film work. Managed a game shoot for 23 years but too busy for this now. Looking to expand some business opportunities in the next few years to include a sporting agency using both UK and various worldwide locations. Competed at all levels for GBR clay target. Deer count service using latest Thermal imaging..........

Although I've accompanied many clients over the years I tend not to have time to do this now although I did like the opportunities presented to film whilst stalking. I may get the opportunity in the next year or so to do much more of the things I enjoy whilst earning a living at the same time. Over the years both my wife and I have built up a long list of good contacts that we may work with to take both UK clients abroad and to bring more overseas clients to the UK. One day I'll manage to put some pictures or film onto the website and introduce you to some of the sights and encounters both I and my wife have had the pleasure to witness.

Last 6 weeks have included some nice sika stags, one very good medal and another nice 8 pointer called up to within 15 yards (on film of course) which answered my call right in font of us before staring right into the camera. This stag was the blackest stag I think I've seen and I was pleased I could educate him that not all calling stags he hears, actually are stags.... :-) Hopefully he'll survive for another season or two

Another real unusual sight in the last few weeks was a fallow fawn of no more than 2 weeks on October 13th. Spotted it in some rushes and thought it was a muntjac fawn. My wife walked to within 8 feet of it, filming all the time whilst it kept still. It was only when she walked away did it stand and to my amazement, it wasn't the muntjac I expected but a fallow. Sent a small video clip to the BDS shortly afterwards but haven't heard from them.

Anyhow, that's enough of an intro. Maybe I'll one day manage to add some pictures and /or video
    Last edited by Deermanagement; 24-11-2012 at 12:30. Reason: To easy to locate my name

Hi welcome to the site, what part of south wales do you come from? I look forward to see your photos.

Welcome to the site.

Looking forward to see you footage.

My Hunting Blog: click here

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome Malcolm. You'll like this site.