Rain rain and more rain

swarovski

Is it ever going to stop,lost 2 consecutive days work :rolleyes:,would imagine most rivers are going to burst there banks

Our town was swamped this morning... rain gushing out of all the drains :eek:

wettest year I can remember.....game crop flooded and u/s
(two previous years like a dustbowl)
forest rides flooded, need an amphib. not a 4x4
outdoor workers sympathy
flooded houses...disaster

The wee bridge i made on one of the permission had simpley been washed away!! found some reminants of it further down. Obviously my joinery skills aint up to scratch!! but just in general the water table is very high! the ground i am talking about is totally soden pretty much un stalkable at the moment except from high seats!!

The wee bridge i made on one of the permission had simpley been washed away!! found some reminants of it further down. Obviously my joinery skills aint up to scratch!! but just in general the water table is very high! the ground i am talking about is totally soden pretty much un stalkable at the moment except from high seats!!

A tip to stop bridges being washed away.

Dont dig them in, only anchor one corner to the bank so the bridge will wash to the side. Only do able with a moveable sized bridge though.

On a rough shoot today , rained whilst we had our normal fry up breakfast in the local cabin, rained whilst we got on our wet gear (my nomad gear still wet from friday's stalking trip) rained all morning, raining while we crossed the slightly swollen stream just after dinner to shoot the afternoon drives !! Finished earlier than normal as it was still raining !! Upon reaching the earlier slightly swollen stream we found it was now a serious torrent of very cold dirty looking water, noramlly 2" deep it was now 2' Not wanting to risk the dogs we picked them up and carried them over(we were inside a deer fenced compound and the swing gate was only yards away) Not had my boots filled to the tops for years LOL Guess what ? it was raining all the way home and it still is now. I give up....... even if it is a nice day tomorrow the deer deserve a day off from me chasing them about as they are in it 24/7

It's actually a cracking day here today, blue sky :D
yes same withe us ,warm wind out of the South clear sky ,tweeds on with my grandson snipe and woodcock shooting ,jackets of around midday ,the only downside was the jack russell terrier was more then hard on the woodcock , though we had dramatic thunder and lightning through the night and i thought the day would be off,yes the weather is odd.

Heavy rain as I type ,
been strawing down muddy feed rides today as I went around the shoot one area of triticale under water actually had 50+ wild duck on it swimming around may make an interesting drive next shoot day .
norma

Glorious day just north of Aberdeen. It didn't get above 2degC but clear skies, sunshine and a stunning sunset.

Conservatory and garden flooded..

My boys gutted as lost his play room and all his drawings.

The deer are holding tite to the woods.

Incoming for tomorow

I'm out tomorrow in the west of Scotland, working the rides on the clearing of the rain might be super productive, this will be interesting if the reds or roe play fair!

It's been raining 16 hours constant and still going strong,weather forecast is for plenty more to come :eek:

Ever since they bought in the hose pipe ban, we haven't had a dry week. Certainly not known anything like the rain were getting at present.

Back