Available: Deer Stalking To Let

1995rs

Deer Stalking To Let in this weeks Shooting Times
South Staffs, 3 species of deer over 650 acres. A lot of money though.
Good luck to anyone who applies.
1995rs

not seen the advert
does it include game
divided by six people
could be ok if its productive?

I don't get the ST so can not see the ad. Out of interest how long is the lease?.
Just saw the post above. That is big money for 16 head Per year. Even with a few mates it's expensive as there is such a small bag to be taken.
£312.50 per head.
Obviously there is no outing fee but even if you were only successful 1 in 3 trips and shot all 16 that works out to £104 per head/outing. So you may as well pay for cull stalking and benefit from all the knowledge of the PH and get to try different area's etc. I'd love the chance to get out alone at the drop of a hat but could not see myself getting value for money at that price.

Last edited:
Is that for 650 acres of woodland or 600 acres of fields/car park/motorway and 50 acres of woodland?? Sounds a lot of money for 16 beasts

I don't get the ST so can not see the ad. Out of interest how long is the lease?

Two superb pieces of ground surrounded by deer rich forest.
£5000 per annum . Apply with references and training qualifications to. Box no. 9606,IPC Media,Blue Fin Building,110 Southwark street,London SE10 SU. There you go.
Wf1

Last edited:
WF1. I'm a little confused. In your earlier post you said " 650 acres.Venison is yours £5000 pa. You can take 16 head" .
Now £650 pa. This is a whole different ball game if we are talking £650pa even if one has to pay for X number of years to £5000.

WF1. I'm a little confused. In your earlier post you said " 650 acres.Venison is yours £5000 pa. You can take 16 head" .
Now £650 pa. This is a whole different ball game if we are talking £650pa even if one has to pay for X number of years to £5000.

Sorry I did make a cock up I have corrected the post
Wf1

£5000 for 650 acre, someone must be having a joke. It must be stinking full of gold heads for that money -

slack chamber is right, a lot of folk are very fortunate in their hunting opportunities
others are not so and pay through the nose like £1000 for a monoculture forest
which has been shot out and costs £200 evey time you visit
a Roe deer might cost them a couple of grand

This emotive subject has been discussed before on here.

Keep things in perspective.

Firstly, what are the 3 species? I don't know the area or what is there but if it were red, fallow and Sika giving big body weights and the venison is yours to sell, then £1250 per rifle for 4 on a syndicate shooting say 2 or 3 mature stags/bucks, a couple of young ones plus the remainder in hinds/does works out at 4 beasts per rifle.

If you want to go on the hill for a stag for one day stalking it will be about £400 even if none are shot. No venison to keep or sell to offset costs either.

If a group of close friends took that on and split the beasts shot fairly over 4 years giving every member a share of mature males it is not actually that bad a deal when compared to guided stalking IMO.

Plus there is nothing to stop a couple of members going out together experiencing their mates success should they have shot their quota for that season first.

In this day and age where stalking is not exactly plentiful and folk are paying for more and more outings,then this whilst not a bargain is a reasonable opportunity.

Depending on species and type of ground obviously.

The add suggests however that the surrounding areas are where the beasts are appearing from which if the case would be a worry. The 650acres would have to hold its own stock to be worth it...

Last edited:
RED FALLOW MUNTJAC Some one will pay it word will get around and the local lads will then get a hard time makes you sick really.

In what repect 6pointer?

i think he means the local lads will get priced out of local stalking cus if the farmers know so banker from london will pay them 5grand the farmers will take the money and bye bye local lads

Back