S**** Afternoon!

bambislayer

Got a knock at the door at 4pm.

my wee cocker bitch escaped from the kennel and was killed on the road.

She has never escaped once in her 10 years, leave the kennel open and she opts to stay! Not this time, she squeezed out a gap a ferret would struggle to fit.

anyway she was hit by a car, I know the driver and he is in a hell of a state and certainly not a fast driver? Certainly not his fault.

So feel very guilty, kids especially james (8) is gutted as he has been working her this season and grown up with her as "his" dog.

Great wee dog, still had a couple of seasons in her, better go and have a dram.

so sorry to hear your bad news, i hope it will ease with time

ATB

Dave

Completly gutted for you.
Remember the good times you had together is the only advice I can give you. The memories will never fade, but the pain of the loss will.

Sorry to hear that BS. No point blaming yourself though, sometimes animals just do things that you can't predict. :(

Bambislayer, that really is a s++++t afternoon, so sorry to hear your news. I live near a main road and always worry about them getting out, cant imagine how your feeling, but my thoughts and best wishes to you and yours.

Cheers guys.

There's still a lab there to keep him busy!

I actually feel worse for the driver, as he definitely wasn't to blame and was clearly very distressed (he's employed in the deer industry and has working dogs), I've sent him a message to say, no blame his way, his wife and kids were in the car. Luckily the kids didn't see anything.

I'm pretty practical about these things, but it breaks my heart to see the kids upset, especially the youngest as he is our head beater!

So sorry to hear your sad news BS. Hope James will be able to get over this loss without too much distress. Gaz

experienced the void they leave a few times now. I dread having to tell the kids when it happens. your lad must be gutted...

Sorry to hear about you loosing a dog in such a way...

Very sorry to hear this, the worst part of dog ownership is losing one, feel for the driver too.

John

Back