I know that many people are starting to think of the family summer holiday next year and while many will not make any firm decision until after Christmas this seemed like a good time to remind you about Dollag's Cottage:

I should highlight that the cottage isn't for sale, this is the only option the SD forum gives me, but it is available for holiday lets. Already some of the peak months next year are filling up so some are already considering where they are going to stay next year.

The cottage is situated on a working croft on a quiet side road on the West Side of the Isle of Lewis in the Hebrides and is the ideal location for a family holiday, or even for a fishing or stalking holiday with or without the family. Unfortunately, and I know this is a problem for many SD members, because it is on a working croft pets are not allowed.

There is a sandy beach just a short walk from the cottage and there are also 3 trout lochs just a short walk from the front door as well, all are free fishing and one gets the occasional salmon as a bonus. The cottage sits on a small single track road which is a dead end so very few cars pass in the day. Visitors come to Lewis for a wide range of reasons and while trout and salmon fishing, shooting and stalking might be high on the priority list for SD members there is lots for other members of the family including seeing Harris Tweed being woven, whale and dolphin watching, otters on the local lochs, golden and sea eagles, trying to spot the corncrakes on the croft, walking, archaeology including the nearby Callanish standing stones, eating out and even 10 pin bowling.

Please drop by the following web site and take a closer look at the cottage and the things to do in the local area. If you have any questions about the cottage give Dollanna a call or drop her an email and if you want to talk about sport in the area then drop me a PM.

Dollag's Cottage at 7 South Shawbost

Dramatic landscapes:

Picnics and trout fishing:

Dramatic stalking, summer and winter: