Thermos cleaning?

Munty_Hunter

Anyone got any tips for cleaning your thermos flasks? I have a long one :lol: and cant get anything in there to get the cr@p off the bottom.

Some dry rice and a little water then, well shaken, not stirred. Some washing powder and water left in overnight can soften things up first.

Best to only have hot water in them if at all possible.

bottle washer brush will reach in easily

I think wine and beer brewing suppliers sell them as well as a google search

Moltons baby steriliser a good option for a deep clean also

You can buy these things called magic balls or something like that.! Basically they are a load of tiny ball bearings that you chuck in , rotate around and they will clean the muck from those hard to get places. Used for decanters etc. try Lakeland stores.

I dont put tea or coffee in the thermos anymore only boiling water, i find it far better to use the ready made coffee & cappuccino sachets now they take up no extra room i find the cappuccino ones taste great......... and no thermos cleaning after

Last edited:
I dont put tea or coffee in the thermos anymore only boiling water, i find it far better to use the ready made coffee & cappuccino sachets now they take up no extra room the i find the cappuccino ones taste great......... and no thermos cleaning after

If your going to go down that road you might as well use a jet boil!

Back