slings getting trapped in cupboard door

ezzy6.5

When putting my rifles away (especially late at night) it is always a struggle to get them in without the slings getting caught in the door. The other night whilst packing up I realised that if I hook the sling over the leg of the Bipod then push the bipod release button the spring holds the sling neatly out of the way. happy days.

Ezzy

yep all my slings keep getting caught in the door
have to bend down to sort it (oh my aching back)
...................I aint got any bipods on mine...:confused:

Could get quick release swivels and take the slings off.
That's exactly what I thought but didn't post it as it was so obvious.
I never store my slings inside my cabinet with my rifles anyway as there is more likelyhood
of damp transferring from the leather to the rifles if stored for any length of time.
I have a hook on the side of the cabinet and my cabinet is bolted to the wall inside a walnut wardrobe so not on view.

My rifles are allowed to attain ambient temp after drying with cloth, slings removed,mods removed, all tasks carried out, then moved to safe.

That's exactly what I thought but didn't post it as it was so obvious.
I never store my slings inside my cabinet with my rifles anyway as there is more likelyhood
of damp transferring from the leather to the rifles if stored for any length of time.
I have a hook on the side of the cabinet and my cabinet is bolted to the wall inside a walnut wardrobe so not on view.

+ 1

must just be me then :) they are QR but I never take them off. last thing I can be bothered with at 2 in the morning.

Ezzy

I shorten the sling by gathering the slack and clipping a bulldog clip over the 2 halves, this pulls the sling out of the way of the door and other guns

I put my rifles in sideways so not an issue either. PS. I don't put leather slings in that are damp or wet, nor rifles that are damp unless I have to for time purposes, but then I give them plenty of oil first.

i take the sling off , i find they fit in better ,and have to share the one and only sling, though most times i carry a rifle in a canvas slip on the hill ,no sling

I leave my slings on( if there dry), to avoid the issue of them being cought up in the door on closing, I simply place the fitted sling over the top of the scope and place my riffle in the cabnet, stock down for rifles,muzzle down for shotguns, no problem!

Back