Available: Greenlee carcass prep & larder day

roestalker

DECEMBER 9th GREENLEE CARCASS PREP & LARDER DAY.

The opportunity to get a hands on experience with two red deer carcasses, guidance will be given by a BASC assessor and approved trainer Jon Snowdon.

There will be a demonstration given on one carcass where those who attend will be shown exactly what to look for during the gralloch and larder prep of a carcass and all can get stuck in.

Pefect for those intending to complete DSC1 or DSC2. Novices are very welcome.

£45.00 pp.

See previous course details on this forum

This is the last course I will be holding until later in 2013.

Last edited:
Good evening Jon,
Although a novice without DSC 1 or 2 I would still like to attend the course if that's ok. Hopefully the road across will be ok , but I'll bring the snow shoes just in case!
Regards,
Neil

Good evening Jon,
Although a novice without DSC 1 or 2 I would still like to attend the course if that's ok. Hopefully the road across will be ok , but I'll bring the snow shoes just in case!
Regards,
Neil

Hi Neil,

You are very welcome I am sure a man of your calibre can make it :D flippers would be more useful :D

If you e mail me I'll send directions. See you on the 9th, best regards.

Jon.

Hello Jon, do you have room for a small one!!! on the 9th??

patrickt

Patrick,

You are always welcome and the shot is yours. I have you booked in.

Top Gun, as you know it's Patricks jokes that make the day!!! :doh:

Best regards.

Jon.

Last edited:
Can't recommend this course highly enough; THE best value course out there. I'm on for my second.

Can't recommend this course highly enough; THE best value course out there. I'm on for my second.

OSS32, patrick here, do you know any really........... bad jokes for the 9th ?????, as you say these courses are great, You can really see in a Red, what is very difficult to see in a Roe, or worse in a muntjac to complete your Level 2, this course is an investment to anyone seeking to complete their level 2

have a safe journey and I look forward to your bad jokes and good company patrickt

Patrick,

You are always welcome and the shot is yours. I have you booked in.

Top Gun, as you know it's Patricks jokes that make the day!!! :doh:

Best regards.

Jon.
thanks for that Jon, I don't know you try an brighten the day, at least Topgun & Stu thought they were funny (or were they laughing at me....and no the jokes......me thinks)

OSS32, patrick here, do you know any really........... bad jokes for the 9th ?????

have a safe journey and I look forward to your bad jokes and good company patrickt

What's black and blue and hates sex?......

Punchline to follow on the 9th

It's looking like the 9th is shaping up and looking like an interesting day :doh: I have the ear defenders ready :D
Hello Jon, sorry I have not replied earlier, but I have been taken an intense course of sign language in time for the 9th HA Ha.....

We are fully booked for the course 9th December, thanks to those who have contacted me from SD..

Next courses will be 2013.

Best regards.

Jon.

Just a quick thankyou to Jon for the above course, good weather - albeit a tad chilly! Good company and a great chance to observe two grallochs and preparation for the larder. The neat "de-gloving" tool should not be missed either!:D
PS as I was on gate duty I seem to have lost my glasses somewhere on the path so if found please send a pm and I'll arrange recovery!
Thanks again,
Neil

Just a quick thankyou to Jon for the above course, good weather - albeit a tad chilly! Good company and a great chance to observe two grallochs and preparation for the larder. The neat "de-gloving" tool should not be missed either!:D
PS as I was on gate duty I seem to have lost my glasses somewhere on the path so if found please send a pm and I'll arrange recovery!
Thanks again,
Neil

Neill hi,

Thanks for that :tiphat: you were very welcome, I will look for the glasses and organise recovery if found!

Chilly it was. Wasn't it a pleasure to get the hands in the carcass to warm up. even holding a kidney brought the feeling back. If the going gets tough then the tough....
Nothing better than sticking your hands in a carcass to warm up. There are records from America of hunters climbing into a moose carcass over night to survive the cold, circa 1890's.

Best regards.

Jon.

Last edited:
Back