I have been preparing my first trophy, it is a fallow buck. It has been very successful up to the boiling and removing all the unwanted bits but I am now stuck on the bleaching part. I was advised to add hydrogen peroxide to warm water and leave the trophy suspended in it until the water cooled, avoiding dunking the antlers in the water.
My pot takes approximately 7 litres and i put in 175 ml of 30% Hydrogen Peroxide Aqueous Solution, which i brought off of eBay (there is no bleach smell to it?) and left it in there for 2 hours. I have now washed it off and it still seems a little yellowish!!!
I am not sure whether I have put enough bleach in or whether I have the right bleach as there is no smell to it?
Does anyone have any ideas?