Chapius Double rifles

Suffolk stalker

Right Chaps,

I am very close to buying a Chapius UGEX Brousse double rifle in .375 H and H Magnum.
Anybody got one, or used one or even know anything about them please.
Would be mainly used for driven Wild Boar and the very occasional Cape Buffalo.

Many thanks in advance. Guy.

Chapuis is a very good French high-end manufacturer, and double rifles are their speciality. They're very popular in France in medium calibres for driven deer and boar. You won't be disappointed. I look forward to hearing about the occasional cape buffalo that turns up during a boar drive.

I have a Chapuis UGEX in 9.3x74r and love it. If I could only have one rifle and had to get rid of all others this is the one I would keep. It comes up so natural and points superbly. I have set of Zeigler quick release mounts from Alan Rhone fitted to mine and highly recommend them, costly but can't be bettered.

Didn't field sports britain do a piece on these for Roy Lupton? Might be worth a look

Right Chaps,

I am very close to buying a Chapius UGEX Brousse double rifle in .375 H and H Magnum.
Anybody got one, or used one or even know anything about them please.
Would be mainly used for driven Wild Boar and the very occasional Cape Buffalo.

Many thanks in advance. Guy.

Go across to http://www.accuratereloading.com and NitroExpress.com welcomes you to nitro express and big bore and big game action - both have sections specific to Double Rifles with a lot of knowledgeable individuals. General concensus on Chapuis is pretty favourable.

Lucky bugger, I was tempted to bid one last holts auction, it went for just over 2k, beautiful guns, wish I could afford one! I wonder how many .375 license holders there are in Suffolk, there can't be many of us! I'm looking out for a cheap bolt action now, much as I'd love a double......

If you're looking for a "big gun" take a look at Old Mill Guns website. I can heartily recommend Ivor and the service he gives. He is one of the best & knowlegeable out there & has some classy stock including Chapuis at realistic prices & he is dead straight.
I've both bought from him & traded in too.

Ian

If you're looking for a "big gun" take a look at Old Mill Guns website. I can heartily recommend Ivor and the service he gives. He is one of the best & knowlegeable out there & has some classy stock including Chapuis at realistic prices & he is dead straight.
I've both bought from him & traded in too.

Ian

Ivors on my doorstep , ill second all the above and I get all my stuff from him . Was ogling a chapuis in thier last week !

Ahhh not sure if it is still so but there were TWO Chapuis rifle makers Chapuis Armes and P Chapuis. Same family it seems brothers had a falling out.

A couple of decades back I was offered the chance to try out a Chapuis SxS 8x57R and it was a beautiful rifle and it shot very well with RWS factory ammunition. Was sorely tempted but it would have required a loan as it was a high grade rifles and the price back then was over £4000.

Back