A long long time ago, i chanced my arm and asked young Geoffrey if he would be willing to trade a jacket he had for a knife that i would make him.
He happily agreed to the trade, and now after nearly a year without a workshop, I've started doing the handles! Was just out in the shop and thought i'd do a little thread about this process, more a work in progress jobbie.
So here goes with the first installment.
Here's the blade, was just drilling the holes for the loveless bolts prior to the pic:
After a bit of rough shaping we're here:
Bolts have been countersunk, the front of the scales are in their final finish now. Imagine trying to shape that area if it was done After they were stuck on!
Kettle has just boiled, so a brew while i cut and shape the fibre liners that will go betwixt steel and antler. Hopefully in the next hour or two i will have this done and the scales epoxied on and clamped.