Bresser night vision from lidl

Daz308

Hi guys

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but has any one got one of these units?
If so are they any good as a spotter? what sort of range do they get out too?

regards,

Daz.

They are ok if you plug them into an external monitor... the optics are good but the internal lcd display is rubbish.
I use a 7" portable tv screen from maplins mounted on the dash of my truck and monocular mounted on a tripod fixed to the door mirror.

Also for longer distances over 50yds or so you will need a better IR illuminator (or an IR filter on your lamp) but it takes practice getting the IR beam and the monocular pointing in the same place. I'm working on a dual mounting system.

I have 2!

i for a spotter 5x50 and one I am about to use as an add-on

So long as you are not hung up on Gen 3 green vision they work perfectly well
I use them for spotting foxes and rabbits with the onboard IR
Rabbits even those looking away show up as black shapes on the grass, as soon as they turn around within 100-150m the eyes light up
Foxes similarly but the eyes shine further away

on a clear bright night you can easily see 300m or more (never really measured it but further than I would shoot)

for 99 quid you cant ask for more

negatives: focus can be fiddly with both occular and objective adjustment, once set, wrap some electrical tape to fix in place
take some spare batteries! I use mine for maybe 1-2hrs at a time, often continously using 1200mAh NiCads and it will just about eat a set on each trip.
without the onboard IR it is useless

Sometimes I wonder why people bother spending 2K on night vision when a £99 unit lets you shoot to 300 yards, unless thats 300 very short yards......

I've got one that I use as a spotter and will echo bewsher500's comments. Onboard screen is rubbish, but if you're on foot you'll have to live with it. I use a bike handlebar camera mount on mine to add either an IR torch or laser.

Distance-wise, I've seen rabbit eyeshine at the foot of a gate in the distance (lots of moonlight to help too), and then next day gone back to measure the distance at just under 400 yards. I couldn't confirm the quarry at that distance, and wouldn't have taken the shot, but it was a rabbit.

Sometimes I wonder why people bother spending 2K on night vision when a £99 unit lets you shoot to 300 yards, unless thats 300 very short yards......

Usually because they have £2k of disposable cash to buy new toys with! if I did I probably would as well!

A bresser wont let you "shoot 300yds", but it will certainly let you see what you want to shoot at 300yds and walk closer to it in total darkness without having to light up the field to find it.

will see if I can get some photos

A bresser wont let you "shoot 300yds", but it will certainly let you see what you want to shoot at 300yds and walk closer to it in total darkness without having to light up the field to find it.

I just can't get on with mine as a hand held unit... if I look through it with my scope eye for more than about 5secs I can't see bugger all when I take my eye away.

Used with an external monitor it's like daylight in black and white.

I just can't get on with mine as a hand held unit... if I look through it with my scope eye for more than about 5secs I can't see bugger all when I take my eye away.

Used with an external monitor it's like daylight in black and white.

snow blindness.
Quite common and I found the same until I turned the brightness right down and alternated eyes for spotting.
I have a strip of felt stuck to the dial, one half turn and the felt lines up with the line of sight, I know that is where I need to have the brightness
I also find it makes a lot of difference if you keep both eyes open when using it

what monitor do you use?

Thanks very much to all that has replied, looks like I will pick one up in the morning.

Regards,

Daz.

Well i have had my Bresser 1.2/50 for about 5 yrs now ( bought from Lidl ) and have no complaints, on a clear night i can see up to 300yds no probs and identifi whats out there.

regards

Steve........

Havn't seen one of these units yet, but going to check them out in the morning for sure. What illuminator do you guys use and how much do they cost please?
Many thanks.
ATB
Lee

all gone in my local Lidl

I have just bought the last one if anyone on here wants it.
will keep it as a spare if not

Went into Lidl today and bought one, also got a camera tripod for £14.99 which I intend on using to mount my chrono when I get it. Other than in the back garden I have not used the NV kit in the field, but I am sure that once the power level is set for the ambiant light conditions and the focus is sorted I am sure that it will do just what it is intended for, as a spotter to get you on to a possible target without using the lamp.

You need to see the Bresser next to a Gen 3 £2k model...Then you will see why....Seriously I have played about with all kinds of different GEN1 and digital units and had a lot of fun with them and used them successfully (not out to 300 yards I hasten to add!!!) but once you have looked through a real one.....You can never go back..

Back