This mornings call out

very impressed with your dog, stuck to that trail very well. How far had that doe ran? where was it hit?
Fantastic job. Well done to you both.

i was called out to possibly find a "missed" Roe deer this morning this is the findings !.

really enjoyed watching that. nice steady dog you have their leec great accet to local stalkers i would think .

adrian

very impressed with your dog, stuck to that trail very well. How far had that doe ran? where was it hit?
Fantastic job. Well done to you both.

170 yds ish , most of the track was from the deer before the shot was fired . as i had only a rough idea where the bullet strike site was so i find it easier to find where the deer come from and work forward from there !

but the clever bit is in the beggining she was tracking 3 or more roe (thats what the land owner said , the stalker shot at 1 roe out of a group of 3-4) and then continued to track the wounded one , i never tought her that she does that her self !

the deer was hit behind the diafram exiting through the liver and was dead about an hour before i got there .

Last edited:
Cracking track, that's what it's all about

Thanks for sharing the morning - perfect finish, no deer lost

Well done

Phil

Can I ask Why you did not start from the impact site which you said was by the power poles. Which is where I would have started tracking.
I am not critisising I am just wondering.

Can I ask Why you did not start from the impact site which you said was by the power poles. Which is where I would have started tracking.
I am not critisising I am just wondering.

The power poles were given by the stalker as a reference point however there were 3 sets in that field!:confused:

The power poles were given by the stalker as a reference point however there were 3 sets in that field!:confused:

all i had was one very rough guide to where the impact site was and as i was told the "missed" animal was in a group of 4 there would be plenty of scent on the ground , so i started tracking the foot scent of the live deer before the shot was fired technicly following the track from where they came , which we found and that track guided us to the area of the impact site and eventually to the deer !

Leec6.5 you must admit this is not normal process live sent would have been all over the place unless you were there to see the group move off. I think your playing games :rofl:

knowing Lee personally as I do, he would have attended simply to ensure that had a deer been wounded, without showing signs of the strike, he would have searched thoroughly to find the deer, or find no evidence of blood etc and put the stalkers mind at rest and the landowner's as well. He has an exceptional dog I've seen her work, will travel miles to do this, and I see some unjustified criticism here for doing another good deed for someone by ensuring the deer was found. He didn't do it from an armchair either, got off his backside and helped someone out, he's certainly not an armchair stalker. deerwarden

My posts were never intended as critisism it just seemed a strang way to go about the situation, after asking I now understand if you dont ask you learn nothing
My only worry is with the guy who buggered off can you please give him a slap from me.
By the way good dog work.

Amazing I worked with sniffer dogs in places like Belfast and such places. It is amazing how they do it. Your dog is as gd as any I have seen looking for IED and bombs well done to you and your dog great work.

Regards
Craig

Back