Thread: Shouted and was Heard

Shouted and was Heard

Well done to everyone who signed WHS petition.
    I have just had email to say whs have retracted the under 14 policy.

And a thank you to jackie smith Redditch mp who twice wrote to me with reports of how she was contacting whs and their replies.

If you never signed petition as many never did because they
    may have thought it won't change anything, then observe the result.

'Shout and be heard ' it's what the anti's do

Dorset/Somerset/Wilts Border
    Blog Entries
    Can you cut and paste the mail you have recieved please?
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Account Suspended
    Bonnie Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    Can you cut and paste the mail you have recieved please?
    Got the same email... good result.

Power to the people!

This message is from James Reynolds who started the petition "WHsmiths: Retract Policy on Sale of Shooting Magazines," which you signed on

Dear Supporter,
    Thankyou for signing the petition against WHsmith's policy on the sale of shooting magazines to under 14 year olds which has now announced victory after age restrictions were lifted. This completely unjustifyable policy was hard fought against by many in the shooting community, and i thank organisations like BASC and the CA who offered the petition support and guidance and publicity. I was immediately impressed with the shooting communitys reception of the petition reaching twelve and a half thousand signatures is no easy feat and it did not come without hard work from many, i extend my thanks to all those who worked hard to explain to others why the petition was important, and all those individuals who kept the petition topics hot on forums. Our combined efforts represented the shooting community with conviction and dignity against those who would end the sport, and in this way we have helped defend and ensure that our sport will be enjoyed for generations to come.
    Thankyou all for your kind word and support over the last few weeks, I only hope the example set here by us is followed by others who can see that if we speak loud enough we will be heard. Being a minority group is no justification for people to trample our sport which we hold so close to our hearts, and i hope that all future attacks on our sport are spoken out against in strength of numbers with dignity and conviction to preserve the future of our sport.
    My final thanks to each and all,
    James Reynolds,
    Petition Founder.

The same email

excellent work to all great result for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good result, well done to all who got involved

Great result! Out of interest, has WH Smith actually issued a statement or have they just quietly dropped the policy?

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Great result! Out of interest, has WH Smith actually issued a statement or have they just quietly dropped the policy?

Quietly dropped I would assume, a public apology would have been nice but the job got done !!!!!!!