Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, so this may raise questions of my sanity.....but sunset....

Ok, so this may raise questions of my sanity.....but sunset....

I was stalking on the farm yesterday afternoon, and I thought something was a bit strange.....normally at this time of day I have to stalk in one direction around the farm because the setting sun completely obscures my view as I am facing directly west if walking along one long boundary. Last night however this was not the case, the sun was setting to the south, ok, so I've gone mad, this doesn't happen, I'm confused, and no, I hadn't been drinking!

Were youre trousers on back wards?
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Nope, think I managed to dress myself ok! Really had me confused though, maybe those yanks were doing some strange military sh!t and moved the sun or something, all goes on down here with mildenhall and lakenheath!

Not crazy. The sun sets more or less in the south west this time of year. Actually a bit south of SW here.

Rises in the north east here in June.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

The sun will be further south because it is winter. In the summer the sun will appear further north. I won't go all scientic on you but it is to do with the earth tilting on its axis as the seasons progress.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thank f*ck for that, thought I'd lost the plot!

we learn something new everyday

That is what Scully would say, but Moulder, he might find something mightily strange there.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Got a good app called solar walk that explains it all. Interesting stuff

Its nice to see the sun go down,most of this year we have watched the rain come down and down and down a bit more