Thread: My first Deer

My first Deer

This was one off 4 i came across on Sat morning only this one give me a safe shot .He was standing with 2 other bucks is this normal and after shooting him when he went down the others just hung about in the same feild is this because they never seen me ?? There was also sika hinds in the next feild but they high tailed it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FALLOW.bmp 
Views:	104 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	22077

It is normal at this time following the rut back in October/November for fallow bucks to start getting back into bachelor groups. As for standing around, I am guessing they are not heavily hunted, and could not identify where you were and maybe due to moderator and topography of the ground, and so the safest thing is often to hang around until they can identify where the danger came from. Doesn't usually happen with my fallow but every so often they do get confused where the shot came from and so I can take another one.