Importing ammunition from France or another EU country

Pine Marten

Hello everyone.

I noticed in a French hunting magazine an advert for a Parisian gunshop that sold ammunition for a lot cheaper than it is sold in the UK. Well, London at any rate. I travel to France with some regularity, and wondered whether, conditions of carriage permitting, it was possible for me to buy ammunition there and bring it nack to the UK. I have an EFP: would that he enough, combined with my FAC? Come to think of it, how does a visitor without a French Permis de Chasser buy ammunition? Anyone here done this before?

I've purchased ammunition in France using only my EFP in the past. I last did it about two years ago and I don't know if anything has changed.

When I have bought ammo in Decathlon store's all I have had to do was find the person who had the ammo cabinet key and show him my Euro firearms pass help my self and Just go to the checkout with my ammo and pay .:thumb:

€40 a box for the really posh stuff, otherwise €20, on the advert I saw. Or in other words, three times less than I paid at the Beretta Gallery yesterday. And this is a Central Paris shop, not a run-of-the-moulin provincial one.

The amount I was charged at my local shop the other day I would have been cheaper driving to france LOL.

Back