God bless 'em all!

RED-DOT

I have been unwell for quite a while and it all came to a head a fortnight ago with several of my wheels falling off my cart and after lying unconcious for a few hours the Ambulance crew, CSP and my concerned friends got me off to Forth Valley Royal had me in ICU for four days with meticulous care and expertise i came round and the underlying problem is now fixed... three months of re-coup and i will be back to normal.... I just want to say thanks to the emergency services and my friends for basically caring and to hear of the moans of some about the NHS is something i feel i was treated in an unbeatable fashion and i for one will be raising my glass this New Year to them... the lads and lasses of the NHS and the Emergency services. Thanks!!!

P.S. Guns still for sale!!!!

Last edited:
When you think that an ambulance paramedic for the Scottish ambulance service makes around 28k a year ! They should be on double that.

Glad your better, and it`s no surprise to me to hear that they treated you superbly.

Always has annoyed me how people slag off the nhs . The last time I dislocated my shoulder it was gone midnight and I was treated , shoulder relocated and off my head on morphine and on my way home by half 1 .

Has anyone stopped and had a think , what would it feel like for you to dial for an ambulance and it not turn up ?
Makes you think doesn't it .

Good to hear you are on the mend Red Dot been grateful for the services of the NHS myself recently. I can't say that my treatment was without fault but the ambulance and nursing staff were simply brilliant.

I have been unwell for quite a while and it all came to a head a fortnight ago with several of my wheels falling off my cart and after lying unconcious for a few hours the Ambulance crew, CSP and my concerned friends got me off to Forth Valley Royal had me in ICU for four days with meticulous care and expertise i came round and the underlying problem is now fixed... three months of re-coup and i will be back to normal.... I just want to say thanks to the emergency services and my friends for basically caring and to hear of the moans of some about the NHS is something i feel i was treated in an unbeatable fashion and i for one will be raising my glass this New Year to them... the lads and lasses of the NHS and the Emergency services. Thanks!!!

P.S. Guns still for sale!!!!

Does that mean I can shoot your ground at Gargunnock without you knowing?? ;)

Take care mate and I wish you a speedy recovery so that you can get out and about soon. You are totally right about our hospitals and emergency services they undertake a thankless task and put themselves in peril, they do appreciate comments like yours and you must feel good that your friends are watching your back.

ATB

Andy

I have been looked after many times by our NHS for treatment, surgery and physio, and allways becasue of self inflicted sporting injuries. Like you I cannot understand what the complaints are about. The staff in particular have always been outstanding.

Glad to hear you are on the mend...

From a man who as suffered two heart attacks and a very serious car accident i am and always will be in the debt of this wonderful system we call the NHS
When you think of the amount of folk who spend a massive amount of there time to get into this country to use this system without payment or any time served working for this wonderful system of ours !!!:british:
I do wish you good health and a speedy recovery
PLEASE FORGIVE MY RANT

May I wish you a speedy recovery Red Dot.

Just take it easy over Christmas....................... relax. That should help a bit ;).

Sadly the NHS earns it's poor reputation a lot of the time.. However this thread is not the place to go into how they nearly killed Dad through lack of care Christmas 2010.

I have made much use of the NHS and find the service to be brilliant. If you are really poorly there is no finer place to be ill than in the UK, under the care of the NHS.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Simon

Well i have been for my check up and got the list of what occured... i have had a failing Pancreas for a long time which caused a potentially rapid fatal illness when it takes over called diabetic ketoacidosis which turns your blood into acid which was causing my heart valves to fail... i had a stomach ulcer that was treated with liquid potassium that is apparently the worst tasting drug given out and i can agree with that! I had a lung infection and i am now 5 stone lighter due to my body absorbing all my stored protein and on the list it says i am anorexic but that is on the mend now.. I am putting my luck down to good friends, the ambulance and police who responded and of course the lassies and laddies of the new Forth Valley Royal which is a 5 star asset to this area.... i thank you all for your support via the forum and PM's and will be back on the hill in the new year.

Back