Thread: Diamond knife sharpner

Diamond knife sharpner

As title, looking for a xmas present. Any ideas, links please not too many 's

i use one of these for my butchery knives and also for my backup knife for my main knife i use a stone but this little sharpener is quite good,atb wayne
    Gerber Diamond Knife Sharpener: DIY Tools
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I got off the evil bay a diamond steel and its amazing puts a lovely edge on them

Well depands on what your budget is..., we now stock the DMT Deluxe Aligner kit, these delivery a surgical edge at a controlled angle due to the guide system, I purchased one of these nearly 20yrs ago now and would not using anything else..

Rob for quality stalking & shooting accessories

If you want a small one for the pocket I have a Fallkniven DC4 and find it works very well. Just be aware that it is very small indeed though I find it ideal for carrying and have no problem using it to sharpen my F1. It has a very fine side that is some sort of saphire ceramic stuff and a rougher side which is diamond.

The DC3 is smaller and only has the diamond side and is designed to be glued onto the sheath of the F1 knife.

They also do a bigger version of the same thing, I haven't seen one of these but looking at the dimensions it is still lots smaller than a traditional stone. Looks handy though.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:

DC4 Works really well

anything DMT if you dont want to spring for a full aligner kit just get a 4" single sided in red as a good allround diamond stone

this will fit the aligner if you get one and you can add in other grades if you want alter ie a green

Ive been using DMT for 20 plus years wouldn't use any thing else

HAda couple of DC4's the diamond came of the stone etc

I dont use my DMT stuff much any more but only cos Ive got this and a big polisher