The tick from hell!

lwcdart

Guys I was out yesterday morning from 3.30 am & blanked & am afraid, then went over to set up one of my lads for the local farmers market for the day.

Yesterday evening I just sat down with the kids to watch TV with a nice glass of vino only to find a pretty medium sized tick on the back of my elbow.

After getting the wife all fired up with the little lasso she managed to get the bugger off but then I noticed that its snout was still firmly embeded in my arm & after having nightmares with Basil's & Mats tick posts this week - we then spent a further half an hour with sharp needle point doing an opperation on my arm to remove it!

It looks a real bloody mess now but the bite is at the moment showing no sign of a bulls eye or infection, so I am just keeping it washed with an alchol gel & fingures crossed it will be OK.

After being bitten loads of times I have never had that trouble with one before & I know its very improtant to ensure that it is all removed.

At least it was'nt me nuts this time!

Regs Lee

ticks

Martin

Yes I share it with the dog! that was what I always use however on this occission the front barbed bit of the head stayed in my arm.

Regs Lee

In the good old days when I just used to pull them out I left the mouthparts behind on a number of occasions. They eventually disappear but the important thing is to keep an eye on the area for the redness and for the old flu-like symptoms.

If in doubt, why not run the antibiotic course.
End of Feb I removed one and the area turned red so the doc put me on the standard dose.
edi

tick

Guys

It has now gone red & inflamed with a clear bulls eye around the bite area, so its off to the docs this morning for me.

Regs Lee

Lee,

Good you have spotted the red circle.
A dose of antibiotics and you will be fine.

Take care,
Greg

ticks

Yep

Course of anitbiotick & antihistimine tablets, Doc has marked the area of the inflimation just to check in 24/48 hours if the rash is still growing & if so to get back in to see him like the wind.

One of those things & like I said in earlier posts I am always careful & have still been bitten lots in the past-but this is the first one has come up infected.

Regs Lee

Hope it's not serious lwcdart, I wish you a speedy recovery.

I have a feeling a certain Mr pheasant sniper will be posting a thread about an insect bite which will go some way in making you feel better in any event :eek: :eek:

I must second what GH has said, I hope you are well Iwcdart but you should see Pheasnat sniper :eek:

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL AN INSECT BITE :eek: :eek: :lol:

Wayne

ticks

Gabe,

No sorry buddy I will let you see this one as its on my right elbow.

The joint is a bit stiff but I am sure that is just the infection & swelling in that area-nothing more.

I dont think any other symthtoms show up until later on -should it develop I guess.

Anyway I am on the pill now so I hope that will kill it all anyway!

Regs Lee

The missus is on the lyme disease pills and she don't even stalk. She got a huge red patch appear on her leg and I mentioned lyme's to her an told her to mention it to the Doc, she got the pills and they're making here feel really sick. Its been almost a week now and she's still ranting at me :evil:

like it was my fault :oops: :oops:

Well it might have been a tick an she's rantin some'at about the tick recognising sweet meat THATS!!!!! why it didn't bite me :eek:

On a more positive note, I love the brazilian :lol: :lol:

I've been bitten a few times but one thing that worries me from time to time is that some of the bites itch like a midge bite for a day or two after the tick is removed. It doesn't happen to every one but I then end up scratching and it goes red just like a midge bite would, then calms down after a day or two. should I be worried about this??

Mark.

ticks

Mark

I have only had this bad reaction to them on this single occassion, most times the bite area itches a bit & then heals up.

My bite area is looking better today already & the antibiotcis cant have kicked in yet I would have thought, but I still say if you do get one that looks abnormal then have it checked out & always try to remove the buggers properly.

Regs Lee

Back