what you baldies use to keepm your head warm

I use a x forces neck tube its long enough to copletly cover my head neck and probly someone elses the bonus is it cost £3 from a surplus store it also has a chest and back cloth to keep all drafts out would never be without one now

I wear a normal beany hat and a hooded fleece. Stops the wind and rain going down my back.

I find a Merino wool Buff is stretchable enough to pull up at the back but thin enough to go under a hat so the critical exposed areas are snug. Needs to be combined with a hat though.
Cheers

K

cant stand my ears being covered
hate hoods and balaclava type things
just wear a fleece beanie when seriously cold.
deerhunter cap when not seriously cold
wide brimmed waxed hat when p1ssing down

Probably the best piece of winter headwear ever made is the Lowe Alpine Mountain Cap. Warm, waterproof, and they make you look a bit like Elmer Fudd, brilliant hats!

Just ordered one, at that price it will do the job.

Probably the best piece of winter headwear ever made is the Lowe Alpine Mountain Cap. Warm, waterproof, and they make you look a bit like Elmer Fudd, brilliant hats!

This post reminded me I have one of these, very good they are to, if only I had remembered before ordering the other one :doh:

Neil. :)

My mate from Perth who makes teeth, he uses a flat cap two sizes to small. Says it seals the heat in. Looks nice a perfect ring around his head, looks like a circumcision scare!!!

Back