Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Salmon Fisherman - Amazing !!!!

For the Salmon Fisherman - Amazing !!!!

I don't know about 35 minutes, I'd cut the line after 30secs!!! Been in some scrapes with salmon myself but nothing compared to this...

Now that's some Salmon!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Yep that is some Salmon that one, but got to say never seen anyone carry on like that before and I've seen some big Salmon landed. He's chasing it down river while the running lines still on the reel, Stand yer ground man!!!

Alba gu brÓth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Either using light tackle or just playing to the camera. No pressure put on the fish just letting it do what it wanted. Cracking fish though.

Been there, lost one in the 45-5Olb bracket in the chain pool on the Tummel similar scenario. Took it on the upper chain chased it down through the middle chain until I came to a tree I could not get round. Foul hooked in the side. No way to turn it. Had to lock down and break the line or it would have stripped the reel. It was heading back to sea. Largest I ever hooked by a large margin and I have landed many in the 24-3Olb bracket. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Either using light tackle or just playing to the camera. No pressure put on the fish just letting it do what it wanted. Cracking fish though.
    I would say a bit of both, though I would try my darndest to get below it asap, I just don't think he kept his line tight enough cos it was giving the fish all the encouragement it needed to drop back in the current. Bit of a torrent tho, I hope he knew the river well !!!

Jimbo, I'm very jeaulous. Mine have all been mid tens of pounds max, biggest I had on I lost after 45mins in flood conditions as a youngster, took me 400yds downstream, was under the bank most of the time and I only saw it briefly with an audience behind me before the hooks pulled out, estimate was over 35lb - 40lb...

Talk about being keen a cracker by anyones measure Timney, thanks for sharing.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Nice fish, but what a stunning location and water for fishing the fly...

Fantastic !!
    Its one fish I have promised myself for a few years now
    It doesn't have to be as big as that it just has to be a salmon
    regards andy

dear me what an actor all that water he covered and never saw the fish till on the bank,