My level 2

davidm

Finished my level 2, 2 weeks back sent it off to BASC they forwarded it to my assessor, got the phone call today few questions to finalise it. Assessor was pretty pleased with it. said everything was fine and that he's be singing it off and sending it back tomorrow so only wait for either a call from internal verifier or my certificate :)

Now am in the super stalker league :stir: :D (joking one thing in life you never know it all)

Well done :thumb:

What questions were you asked?

If I had shot 2 roe, 1st fit and healthy and one with suspect lymph glands how would I get them home...
I said I would isolate the suspect carcass and under no circumstances would in be near the fit and health carcass

What would I do if I had shot a deer then approached and found to have foot and mouth... I said isolate carcass and phone local authorities.

Thanks guys really was great doing it.

Interesting questions! Nice to see them mixing it up a bit... sometimes it goes in trends... when I did mine everyone was saying they were asking about notifiable diseases but I got questions about legal ammo England vs Scotland and larder hygiene etc.

I assume that you would be able to identify the early stages of foot and mouth. Enough farmers missed it
last time around.

I assume that you would be able to identify the early stages of foot and mouth. Enough farmers missed it
last time around.

Yes probably more thanks to Paul at the barony who went through the disease very well on my level 1.

Finished my level 2, 2 weeks back sent it off to BASC they forwarded it to my assessor, got the phone call today few questions to finalise it. Assessor was pretty pleased with it. said everything was fine and that he's be singing it off and sending it back tomorrow so only wait for either a call from internal verifier or my certificate :)

Now am in the super stalker league :stir: :D (joking one thing in life you never know it all)
Hello David, Iam very pleased that you have achieved your level 2, you certainly were confident at the Greenlee Prep day!, all the very best, hope to see you around

Patrickt

Thanks very much Patrick. Yeah am very pleased I have done it too. Jon's days are a massive help and all just part of the jigsaw putting everything together.

David

Nice one David,
I pretty sure it was you I met & had a brief chat on the morning of the LDNS day at Hamilton racecourse before we got split up into groups.
Anyway, well done & good luck
Cheers

Cheers wattygun

Yeah rigboot that would have been me, I Probly told you about my lose cannon of a dog or city girlfriend. Thanks good to get it done.

David

Hi davidm, do i need to revise up on my stalking manual for when assessor rings me? how long should i expect to be on the phone or was it just questions relevant to your three witnessed stalks? replies most welcome please

My assessor was on the phone for 5mins, he asked 3 questions he thought that weren't on my portfolio, there not trying to catch you out, if you look back in this post you'll see the questions I was asked.then asked if a was happy with my witnesses and that was it.i got my call 2 weeks after I had sent my portfolio back to basc, that was last week now waiting on either an internal verifier calling if he ever does or my certificate.

I don't think you need to revise anything you have completed 3 witnessed stalks so most likely know the answer to anything they could ask. It's the fear of the unknown or being caught of guard, I was the same but after I put the phone down I thought like probably most others that I was worried about nothing.

Last edited:
thanks for that davidm, put my mind at ease thought i should be revising up and he be on phone for hours! have a great xmas and new year:thumb:

No you'll be fine, I too was the same worried about THE CALL :D but was over before I got time to be nervous. Have a great Xmas and new year and keep us updated on how you get on.

yes will do, its two weeks today since i sent it up, had receipt letter last friday saying it had been passed onto assessor so any luck should be this week sometime:tiphat:

Back