Thread: Hi everyone.

Hi everyone.

I'm new to all this forum stuff but thought it would be interesting and maybe a bit of fun too.

I've been in to shooting since i was 7 (40 years ago) when a wise old uncle of mine put a single barrel 410 my way, i say "wise" because it was about 3 years before i realised that he'd been taking the lead out of my 410 cartridges, all those lucky rabbits.

I've got .17hmr, .22lr, .223, .308 on my ticket and they're filled, I've also got .357/.38 LBR which I'm looking to fill as soon as poss - anyone selling an Alpha?

Hi and welcome to the site ruger mini 14. I take it you are from Newport the city and not Shropshire, IoW or one of any of the other imposters?
    Just sold an Alpha-proj a few months ago the guy came up from Devon to buy it. Fom the telephone calls I had I could have sold it several times over and for a handsome profit.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi, How did you like the Alpha? I've looked at the Taurus and just can't make myself like it, I've looked at the Uberti and it looks like something out of the Keystone cops, I do like the Ruger but not the price. The Alpha is the only good looking LBR I've seen for reasonable money, I think it's the full barrel under lug and the bluing that appeals to me.

The Alpha-proj was good in single action but no where like a Smith when shot double action. Very accurate, probably better than a Taurus but only when shot single action. The balance and handling was typical of all LBRs awkward and clumsy, not a patch on real revolvers. Yes I had my fun with it for a few years but in the end I still miss real pistols.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.