explanation wanted .

Shadow

I have stalked forestry land in the borders for approx 16 years plenty of rides 4 clear fells with on going cutting back and re planting. on 1 of the rides away from the cutting back a wind blown tree flat on the ride; not unusual. but on 1 side of the tree there were roe droppings by the bucket full i have never seen this before. AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THE ANSWER TO THIS OR HAVE YOU SEEN THE SAME.

Shelter from the prevailing wind direction? Roe using the shelter from the tree to cross the ride......No idea, I have never heard of it or indeed seen it before.TJ

THANKS TARTINJOCK but well shellted from any bad weather due to the trees that have not yet been felled should have taken pic,s with phone.

Some times if the food source is pour the fallen tree will provide much needed nourishment from the now near to the ground foliage and also most ivy or anything else that was on the bark or branches.

Schienallion.thanks for your reply 40 years in this game roe and sheep ****, i do now the difference but thank you.

Some times if the food source is pour the fallen tree will provide much needed nourishment from the now near to the ground foliage and also most ivy or anything else that was on the bark or branches.
I think you hit nail on the head .I see this every time a tree goes down with ivy on it in the winter. But i mostly work with fallow.

Thanks cwd sika have been seen .in the area , but there was plenty off it must have been one inch deep.

I was with shadow when we found this. the wind blown trees were right next to a lush grass ride,
there was hardly any crap on the ride but around the largest lifted root ball were dozens of piles of
droppings of varying age. we had wondered if they were keeping off the diner table.

I have seen it in Scotland a few times just inside the mature trees bordering clear fell
the deer were feeding on the clear fell then using the mature trees to lay up
i have also seen it when we have had some fair amount of snow
regards andy

Are you sure you aren't getting them mixed up with rabbit dropping's. In all my years of stalking I have never seen dropping's by the bucket full. And I don't think they would **** where they couch either.

I was with shadow when we found this. the wind blown trees were right next to a lush grass ride,
there was hardly any crap on the ride but around the largest lifted root ball were dozens of piles of
droppings of varying age. we had wondered if they were keeping off the diner table.
Is that the first doe you have ever shot in your gallery?
Maybe you can tell me how to differentiate deer and sheep droppings ????

Back