Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any words of wisdom. Job interview tomorrow

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

Any words of wisdom. Job interview tomorrow

Ha, applied for a job as a Gamekeeper/Woodsman. 12k/yr, no vehicle, no house. Luckily I live nearby and have a wife who earns a lot more than me.

Any advice will be ungratefully received as every keeper I've ever has been a miserable sod
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

on 12k a year, i would be a miserable sod, join them at there own game, but enjoy it
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser

Be yourself, don't tell lies and don't appear desperate!
    Be enthusiastic and ask what the job has to offer and where you think improvments could be made. You can then offer ideas as to how you could improve things! With practise, you can easily turn an interview around to the point where you almost become the interviewer! Be confident in your abilities and sell yourself. Think about your best qualities and market them! Good luck!

From past posts you seem to have a good sense of humour, that could be the key to your interview, ask for 18k a house and a new pick-up,
    you never know you might get it and end up looking like your Avatar ( if that`s you )

Jokeing apart I hope your successful and you get the job

Top advice from MS... I have walked a couple of interviews in the past that were well above my pay grade and not qualified for, buy taking on this same approach! Be postive and confident about what you can offer but not cocky and full of yourself.

Best of luck,

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it." Agatha Christie

Dont waste your time...

The least people that apply for a **** paid job like that the more chance they might realise there is something to be had from relevant qualifications and experience..

Turns my stomach seeing positions like this being exploited.
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

How does 12k stack up against minimum wage? Or is it part time?

Dorset/Somerset/Wilts Border
    Blog Entries
    Be yourself. Don't lie to get the job. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear to get the job.

Make good eye contact. Be positive. Do ask questions and prepare some in advance. Listen twice as much as you speak ( that's why ears and gob are given in that proportion). Always remember if you have been called for interview they believe you might be able to do the job. It's for you to disprove that to them.

Its not worth BS'ing your way into a job for the sake of it. Particularly at £12k. You will only be on a short stay if you aren't really up to it and will not have made a friend along the way.

Do you really want it? Use the interview to find out. It's a 2 way process.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Unless this is a part time position I would advise not wasting your time going for it.
    12K is a disgrace if its a full time post (especially with no perk - car, house, fuel etc etc)

Typical keeper in my neck of the woods is on 20K with house, truck, fuel, ammo etc etc

All the very best for it if you decide to go for it.

Be positive, polite, well groomed and dress tidily, have a bath if you haven't had one for a week or two, AND DON'T BE LATE. Good luck, atb Tim