G'day from the land of Aus

Twobolts

G'day all,
I'm Tony and I'm an addicted Sambar hunter from Gippsland in Victoria Australia.
I alternate between solo stalking and using German Short Haired pointers as companion Gundogs.
I love just being in our Aussie bush, especially with my GSPs and I get as much pleasure from watching and taking photos or vids of the deer as I do from shooting them. I hunt mainly for the table but I have taken some nice heads.
I particularly like getting in close and engaging the deer as I believe that gives them a better than even chance of outsmarting me so success is very satisfying. Because of this "hand to hand combat" in quite thick bush (mostly no more than 50m) I am looking at getting a Sako Black Bear in 9.3x62 as the 300wsm I currently use is travelling a bit quick with not enough frontal mass for such close quarters work and without the help of my GSP Gus I would not have recovered a couple of dead-on-their-feet runners.

I look forward to making a few contacts here and sharing my successes and failures around the electronic campfire.

Cheers,
2Bs

View attachment 22572
View attachment 22573
View attachment 22574

Welcome to the site Tony, we're getting quite a few International members on here now.

looking forward to hear more about your hunting on the forum.

Welcome to the site. Our overseas membership is building and we look forward to hearing about hunting in Aus.

Have a great Christmas.

Thanks for the welcome folks.
Keen to learn about how you guys hunt and share what goes on over here.
If anyone is thinking of coming over for a hunt let me know and I'd be more than happy to do a bit of guiding.

Cheers,
Tony

Welcome to the site 2bolts, looking forward to hearing about Aussie hunting.I switched to 9.3's and 350 rem mag for the same reasons as you.By the way , merry xmas

AB

Welcome aboard. Lovely part of the world your in there. Looked at moving there myself in 2008. Spent a little time around Yarram and the surrounding area. Never worked out but I will return in the future. Lovely ground for deer.
Hope you enjoy the site and I look forward too seeing your en devours.
I to looked at the sako black bear myself as a nice short close range rifle. Never seen one in the flesh. I ended up buying a heym sc21 in timber which I'll try for a while.
Happy hunting.

Back