Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington Model Seven ?

Remington Model Seven ?

Hi all ,

im in the market for yet another rifle , and a canadian friend recomended the model seven , just wondered if anyone on the SD uses one and could give me the low down ?

thanks in advance

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Hi Lee,
    I use a Model Seven in 17 Fireball, very light, handy, and accurate - great "carry" rifle.
    I've fitted an after market trigger, the rest is box standard and with homeloads it holds under 1/2" at 100yds.
    No complaints, other than most other aftermarket goodies are tailored for the slightly longer action of the Rem 700
    - still, saves me money!
    cheers, Tedward.

i have a Rem & in .204 nice short rifle, good accuracy & light i pimped mine from the all over cammo hydrographics to pillar bedding into a boyds thumbhole stock and flat olive green paint job . I got the model 7 as i wanted a project and paid 365 for a brand new rifle as no one wanted it in cammo.

Standard rifle

Attachment 22634

Attachment 22635

Its a great little rifle. I had the mountain LSS model 7 in 22.250. Probably a bit more cartridge than the 20 inch barrel and light weight of the rifle could handle but great fun to shoot adn as light as a feather. I was tempted to keep it for a future woodland stalk on Roe in Scotland but it wasnt getting used so I sold it to a chap on here who absolutely loves it. Triggers are ok but need a bit of time adjusting or replacing with an aftermarket unit.

Hi Lee
    I have one in 243 it is a stainless synthetic but i have replaced the plastic stock with a Boyds pepper thumbhole and adjusted the trigger, it is lightweight and very handy and i will never sell it

Hi Lee,
    not back-pedalling here, but in the light of all these glowing recommends, bear in mind that these are factory not custom barrels. So whenever possible "try before you buy".
    I like mine,
    cheers, Tedward.

I have two, a preditor .17 Fireball Camo and a Stainless synthetic in .260 rem .

The .260 is older than the .17FB and the stock has been replaced with a HS precision as the stock one was rubbish, also had a jewel trigger fitted . shoots sub 1" at 100m
    The .17 is as stock with the X mark trigger and shoots sub 1/2" groups at 100m

I have rifles worth more than double these two, But they are the first rifles out the safe .

My mate has one in .17 Fireball and it shoots a dream after sorting out a few problems.
    He replaced the stock. He had it re-barreled with a Pac-Nor barrel. He had the action trued up, oh and he had a new trigger fitted.
    It shoots brilliant now.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

One of my hunting partners has one that he rebarreled to 358 win, not sure what make of barrel.It's an older model with a decent walnut stock.He did install a Timney trigger that is an improvement on the original. Over all its a great little mid range heavy game rifle, shoots very well( around 1 to 1.5 moa, 3 shots,100yrds)I've called dibs if he ever sells it , though I'm not holding my breath lol.They're popular here, light,handy and reasonably accurate, in the bigger calibers they make an excellent all rounder.You wont go wrong with one.

I've owned a number of them over the years and ALL shot well with handloads I might add !

Of the bunch I've had the best one had to be the stainless synthetic Model 7 in 260 REM I had with the 3-9x36 Swarovski on top ! I just let that one go about a month or so ago , had bought it new in 1996 when they first hit the market . I've killed more deer with that little rifle then any other I've ever owned .

I also had a pair of the Model 7 stainless synthetics in 7mm SAUM and 300 SAUM . I liked these two plenty also and killed a fair number of deer with them as well .

I also had a pair of the stainless synthetics in 308 and they shoot great . However in my mind the recoil from them was worse then the recoil from the 300 SAUM .

Had a couple of the blued ones in 7mm-08 , 243 and 6mm and they were fine but for some reason the stainless synthetic ones I liked more .
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!
    Doubles , 6.5mm' s , 444 Marlin's , cast bullets , Sika Deer and the Philippines