Thread: Two cic medals both cull/problem deer ,,,,,,

Two cic medals both cull/problem deer ,,,,,,

well the other week i was chatting to a farm hand who wants to get into stalking we got talking about medals i said im really not interested in them but chap kept going on about head sizes etc so i showed him a few id cleaned he said i bet there both medals ,,anyhow few days later unscrew the munty skull and the roe i had drilled to my shed/office at work sent them of to cic in somerset and to my suprise got a call today the munty made a bronze and the roe a gold albeit by only half a point but still a gold i couldnt believe it the munty was taken next to game cover as they keep nocking feeders over the roe was shot as a cull animal on a farm just down the road again free think i gave him a drink to take the carcass wot a result ill put up pics as soon as i get them back when i see people pay for this i feel very lucky
    is there a public list that they will be listed on would be nice to see

Well done mate! you were lucky. I think the Shooting Times print the English Roe Review annually so you should definitely be in there with a gold medal!

nice one ,ill look into it see when it goes in

Happy days Karl
    its nice to have an unexpected medal. I took a roe up in Dundee with member of the SD and like yours nice head,7 pointer. Turned out to be just shy go gold bonus.

as said id screwed them to the shed wall used them as a hat hook lol, just need a silver somthing to make the set, suppose i should mount them properly im buzzing, really not into trophy hunting but i can see how some people get the bug

got the certs and measurement back ,talk about scrape a gold but either way its a gold

Last edited by pboro shot; 27-12-2012 at 00:15.

not the best pics but click on them and they come out better
    Last edited by pboro shot; 15-01-2013 at 22:33.