lost keys

jayy2

Anyone know the cost and best place to get keys for landrover discovery td5 as e have some how managed to lose ours,after a good search of the house garden etc they have not shown up,the keys have a fob on them to open and do the imobliser too cheers

Might be worth a call to enquire with AA/RAC?............... they must get lots of problems like yours?, they may have a data base of locky's in your area to help you out.

the AA do have there own key making call out vehicle and if you do not have key to cut from they will probe and make key
not cheap mind
keys dont just walk off when you hear the price you will look a damm sight more

soz pal bally

I had one made from Landrover a few years back. Cost me £150. He said at the time though the alarm system has 5 codes. Each key fob uses one code so you should have 3 codes left. If however you bought second hand and the old owner replaced fobs then all your codes could be used up. If this is the case your over a grand to replace the alarm box :eek:. Just call landrover and they will advice

I had one made from Landrover a few years back. Cost me £150. He said at the time though the alarm system has 5 codes. Each key fob uses one code so you should have 3 codes left. If however you bought second hand and the old owner replaced fobs then all your codes could be used up. If this is the case your over a grand to replace the alarm box :eek:. Just call landrover and they will advice

Also tried at a local key place in Manchester when I lived up that way. Told we can cut a key but it is the fob you have to get from Land rover and it £150, total rip off had to get a key for my 5 series BM when I bought it, £65 direct from the main stealer and you never need a battery as it charges while driving.
Think they make the price up as they go along the fob is probably .50p worth of bits and plastic.
Good luck on your next round of searches.

unfortunately i think your only course is Land rover, Hopefully if your vehicle is not too old they may have on record the key number and more impotantly the imobiliser code for the fob. you will have to produce documentation to prove both ownership and your ID. My BMW was £165 and thats doing it through work at cost price not retail,

land rover is really your only option as you need to get the fob programmed for the immobilizer, it's an expensive procedure , they will only do it for the registered keeper so you'll need your logbook and proof of id

And they need to be inside the car to programme the fob in, like I said before if you have enough codes left.

Ads

And they need to be inside the car to programme the fob in, like I said before if you have enough codes left.

Ads

are you sure? I just bought a key fob for my Ford Ranger and reprogrammed it myself. Took 30 seconds! Do the keys have a transponder? Dealer wanted to charge me £150 plus programming!

I guess you could do yourself if you have the know how. Thing for me was the codes. I didn't know how many codes were left. If I fecked it up and used the last remaining code Ide off been a grand down.

Ads

Don't know about landrover, never had one with a fob or central locking! With the Ranger you simply use the transponder key to get the central locking unit into programe mode. You then sync the fob with the unit or units. Very simple. I would have thought this would be very similar to all central locking units? If each car only has 5 frequencies surley there would be inteference from other keys at some point?

been quoted £170 for the wifes car key from ford,

god only knows what land rover will be after,

just close your mind about the key and the location may just pop into your head,

ps: have you checked sofa's chairs but best of all is the wifes handbag/ask the kids if they have moved them/shake the dog and see if you hear a metallic clang .

not good news bud i hope you find them,

bob.

Bob, do a little research, if you have 2 transponder keys you can use them to programme the 3rd Ford key. Place the key in ignition, switch on to ACC, turn off when red code on dash goes out. Do the same with the other working key then use the 3rd. This should work.

Bob, do a little research, if you have 2 transponder keys you can use them to programme the 3rd Ford key. Place the key in ignition, switch on to ACC, turn off when red code on dash goes out. Do the same with the other working key then use the 3rd. This should work.

Hi Big Man,

we have only one key with the transponder in it the other was lost last week in Basingstoke.

we do have the spare key that is just that . a key so we need to purchase another one.

bob.

Anyone know the cost and best place to get keys for landrover discovery td5 as e have some how managed to lose ours,after a good search of the house garden etc they have not shown up,the keys have a fob on them to open and do the imobliser too cheers
Thinking about your search methods,............ don't laugh!,.. but you need to look in the most unlikely places, I have looked for stuff supposedly "Lost" & found what I was looking for in the daftest places, in the freezer bottom, (must have been clutching the keys when I was diverted by her indoors to get something from the freezer), on the window shelf in the loo?

Hi Big Man,

we have only one key with the transponder in it the other was lost last week in Basingstoke.

we do have the spare key that is just that . a key so we need to purchase another one.

bob.

does the spare start the car or only open the door? Not all keys have an obvious transponder on show?

tried looking in all the places in the house and no joy,went to landrover spoke to a chap there brought a new key for £102 took it to a place in london got it cut to the key number now got to get the fob programed to the car for about £60,landrover have a system on the car called EKA(emergancy key access) got the number for that till thursday till i get fob sorted,thanks for your replies.............

Back