woodcock

cowsmart

this may have been covered before but as my brother is ringing birds as we speak up on Rum, I thought i would post the link if any on here shoot a ringed bird and are interested in where it has been and to inform them where it turned up..... http://www.ringwoodcock.net if this is in the wrong place then please move...Happy xmas all..regards Lee

Interesting stuff, we have yet to have a decent fall of woodcock this winter, l was talking to one of stalking landlords who was shooting woodcock in SW irland he was saying they are taking a third of what they usually take at this time

strange year for woodcock, very evasive, seem to be flying AROUND my shots
icon_wink.gif
banghead.gif

need to buy a new gun .....

Last edited:

strange year for woodcock, very evasive, seem to be flying AROUND my shots;):banghead:

need to buy a new gun .....
the art of being seen as a great woodcock shot is all in your timing, get as close as you can to the crack shot ,and time your shots .simple, shooting alone with your dog, sorry cant help.

4 of us had a walk up today, managed to bag 11 woodcock, and 5 pheasant. We recon we saw over 20 woodcock in total. Wet all day, but great sport! We were finding a lot of em under Holly!
Kev.

Quite good numbers arrived on the last moon but they moved on when we had the hard weather a fortnight ago
hopefully we we will get another fall with this moon.

Back