Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .243Win Parker Hale/BSA or similar

.243Win Parker Hale/BSA or similar

am regretting selling the .243 to fund the .222 and want another!

will consider anything in any condition as a project
    the only thing I am interested in is a relatively good bore

get this one, but haggle the seller way down - BRNO .243 ZKK-601 Bolt Action Second Hand for sale. Buy for 250.

it's got the peep sight in the rear bridge, original zeiss jena - that one, if the bore is ok, can be restored to be a CRACKING little rifle, especially as a QD/iron sight hybrid.

if I had an extra slot and cash to match, this baby would be in my cabinet today.

looks good
    scope and mounts are worth that by themselves

You`re kidding aren`t you ??

I just sold my Parker Hale 243 a coupe of days ago for 170 !!!! And I`m two minutes doon the road !.

I picked up a mint bsa cf2 in 243 pretty local as well .

SD Regular
    East Midlands M1/M69 Junction 21
    All that glisters is not always gold! I had one of those but with the better earlier stock. They are accurate. I got 1" to 1 1/2" at 100 yards with Hornady Light Magnum 243 Winchester an 100 grain bullet. That for five shot group.

But! Those optics are at least thirty years old and are in themselves based on the WWII Zeiss. They really are no the best and they do have faults. If you do go and view the rifle I'd ask to dry fire and see if the post "twitches" when you do. It shouldn't. If it does you will never group with it much under 3 to 5" at 100 yards.

Also, as you know, the windage is on the actual mount. Now that's no bad thing. Set it and forget it. Good! But if you are forever obessing about a click left and a click right it definitely is not for you.

Lastly that sight blade is very broad and if it is a 6x Zeiss-Jena (they did do some) then it is really, really broad!

Check out Holts in Norfolk. There must be at least a half dozen 243 Parker-Hale and BSA including Schutzen style in their January 10 Sealed Bid sale.

Good hunting!

Hi there

Wilf at Country Pursuits, Cricklade has a nice Parker hale for sale. Noticed it in the rack yesterday. Not sure how much but worth a phone call.

Cheers, prefer a private sale, too many double margins on 100 trade ins in the RFDs
    the zeiss scope on that first one is worth 100 by itself, I know as I sold one (on here I think).

I've got BSA Hunter 243 for sale.Mounts included but not the scope 250.00 ono
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	243 action.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	615.7 KB 
ID:	22682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	243 left.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	307.9 KB 
ID:	22683
    Kind Regards

ive got a 243 parker hale. it was made for john dickson & son. 20in barrel and screw cut 300